Youth Fund Programme – Julia & Hans Rausing are offering a 3 year unrestricted grant programme of up to £50,000 a year combined with a bespoke package of wrap-around support to improve mental health support and provision for young people and youth workers.
Funding will be conditional on grantee organisations engaging in the core activities of the Thriving Minds programme and completing annual grant reports.
Whilst the funding is flexible, grantees will need to demonstrate their commitment towards the active ingredients and key outcomes of the fund as listed below:
1. Improved community support for young people experiencing mental health problems
and improved preventative provision to support young people before they reach crisis point.
2. Improved best practice on ways to improve youth workers’ mental health literacy.
3. Embedding sustainable youth work practices in the youth sector and mental health sector
What are the focus groups? – Youth Fund Programme
The UK Youth Fund – Thriving Minds aims to specifically target vulnerable communities identified by mental health charities as requiring increased support and services. Although not essential, your application will score higher if a significant proportion of the young people you engage with are within these groups:
- Young people from racialised communities
- Young people living in poverty
- Young people dealing with trauma
- Young people suffering adversity due to their sexuality or gender
- Young people living in rural communities
- Successful applicants working with these groups will also benefit from our targeted workshops
and programmes that will focus on the specific needs within these communities.
Applications open 28th February 2022 to youth organisations in the UK, with a turnover of up to £500,000, ensuring they have the resources needed to properly engage with the programme, and implement and instigate learnings to improve their mental health provision.
Purpose of funding / Youth Fund Program
To improve mental health support and provision for young people and youth workers. To ensure grantee organisations have the resources needed to properly engage with the UK Youth Fund – Thriving Minds programme to implement and instigate learnings to improve their mental health provision.
Eligible organisations / Youth Fund Programme
UK based charitable and not for profit organisations with an annual income under £500,000 whose primary purpose is to benefit young people aged 8 – 25
Value and term of grants / Youth Fund Programme
Unrestricted grants of £15,000 – £50,000 per year for up to 3 years.
Current grants budget £8,400,000
Midnight, Sunday 20th March
Information webinars / Youth Fund Programme
Thursday 3rd March 10:30am – 12pm
Thursday 10th March 10am – 11:30am
Tuesday 15th March 2pm – 3:30pm