Youth Empowerment- Nominations Now Open for Commonwealth Youth Awards. Individuals can now apply or nominate individuals for the ongoing Commonwealth Youth Awards. Apply now.
Nominations are now open for the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work which aims to recognise and celebrate young people (aged 15 – 29) in the Commonwealth who are spearheading impactful, sustainable development work in their communities.
READ – SEIFAC Disbursement: Here Are Three(3) Important Documents You Must Make Available to Receive Loan
The main objectives of the Commonwealth Youth Awards are to:
- Highlight the contributions young people are making to development work in the Commonwealth, particularly through the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Create an environment which will encourage and sustain investments in youth-led development;
- Illustrate the depth and breadth of talent, commitment and creativity that exists among young people across the Commonwealth; and
- Motivate, encourage and challenge young people to set high standards for their work/service at community, national, regional or international levels.
- The 20 Regional Finalists will each receive a £1,000 grant, a trophy and a certificate.
- The 5 Regional Winners will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £3,000) a trophy and a certificate.
- The Pan-Commonwealth Winner will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £5,000) a trophy and a certificate.
- The selected winner of the QCT prizes will receive two years of flexible funding at £20,000 a year, as well as coaching opportunities and organisational development support.
- The nominee must have been engaged in development work for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- The nominee must be a Commonwealth citizen and the development work must be taking place in a Commonwealth member country;
- The nominee should not be older than 29 years of age on 31 December 2022; and
- Individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who can accurately describe their development work.
- To be eligible for the QCT prizes, applicants must also meet the following additional criteria:
- Be aged 18 to 29 years old on 31 December 2022; and
- Be the founder or co-founder of a social enterprise.
For more information, visit https://commonwealth-youthexcellence.awardsplatform.com/