Youth Empowerment: Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program (RYSA). Application portal is now open. Interested individuals can now apply. See details.
The Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme is designed to take the skill acquisition programmes to the rural youth population with the objectives to create income earning opportunities, stem youth restiveness, discourage rural-urban drift and grow local economy.
The target youths demography under this programme are semi-literate and non-literate youths, who have acquired skill training, needs start-up and fundamental business skills.
READ – Apply for ABC Fund Agri-Business Capital
The RYSA programme has two training components as follows:
The Practical / Hands-on training: This entails training of beneficiaries of the programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. This training will be carried out by Master Trainers designated across different communities in Delta State.
The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for eight weeks in the course of the practical / hands-on training programme. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success in life and business.
About RYSA Program
The Board was established in August, 2013 from the Department of Higher Education in the then Ministry of Education with a clear mandate to be a leader in support of the pursuits of academic excellence and to make bursary and scholarship easy and readily accessible to all our students across the globe using modern technologies in the delivery of our services.
The policy thrust of the Board has been to find better ways and means of improving and fast tracking the activities of the Board to deliver on its mandate and one of such ways is to better the process of delivery our students’ special Assistance Scheme.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BOARD
The Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Board is saddled with the following responsibilities among others.
- Payment of Students Special Assistance Scheme;
- Award of Overseas Scholarship;
- Award of Local Scholarship;
- Assistance to Children of Deceased Civil Servants of Delta State Origin;
- Payment of Assistance to Students in Nigerian Laws Schools;
- Encouragement of Scholars with award of Scholarship from First Class Degree holders to Ph.D level;
- Award of Aviation Scholarship etc.
The Board is presenting structured into four main departments as follows:
- Administration and Finance;
- Planning Research and Statistics;
- Students Special Assistance Scheme;
- Scholarship (Internal & External);
- Monitoring & Inspection.
Aim and Benefits of Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program
The Start-up Packs consist of work tools and seed grant. The work tool component consists of physical equipment required for each skill-set given to successful trainees at the end of the training exercise.
The seed grants will be given to the beneficiaries at the end of their training as support for start-up.
Requirements for Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program Qualification
- Candidates must be between 18 – 29 years old.
- Candidates must be from Delta State and resident in the Local Government Area
- The minimum educational qualification is First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC).
- Candidates interested in RYSA must have acquired basic training in the shortlisted skill area.
- Candidates must have personal enthusiasm, conviction, and willingness to learn and acquire refresher skill-sets in his/her choice programme as a basis to establish and manage an enterprise.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program
- Application forms for RYSA are available at the Ministry’s field offices across the 25 Local Government Areas of the State.
- Interested candidates must pick-up the application forms IN PERSON, fill and submit within the stipulated timeline.
- Shortlisted candidates must undergo oral interviews and proficiency test based on the skill area of choice.
- Applicants for RYSA must fill and submit the guarantors form.
- Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations set by the Ministry of Youth Development.
- Interested candidates must pass the proficiency test in his/her chosen skill area to be eligible for the programme.
- Beneficiaries must complete the Refresher/CBS training before Start-up Packs presentation.
- Candidates must pass the training completion proficiency test and Community Business School (CBS) training test before been awarded with Certificate and given support.
- Successful Beneficiaries must subject themselves to the mentoring process of the Directorate for Youth Monitoring & Mentoring (DYMM).
Documents Required for Application
- Two (2) Passport Photographs.
- Photocopy of Permanent Voters Card.
- Photocopy of Local Government of Origin Certificate.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate.
- Photocopy of Educational Qualification.
September 6, 2022
How to Apply
For more details,visit Delta State website