Work Experience Program (WEP) Application – The Work Experience Program is one of the series of economy sustainability projects being implemented as an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development in Nigeria for younger generation to acquire problem-solving skills.
Recently a clinical study and analysis of various surveys on the Nigerian youth, with respect to employability skills, was carried out alongside series of one-to-one interactions.
In reaching a conclusion, it was established that one of the challenges of unemployment is the acute absence of practical workplace skills and experience.
Aims of Work Experience Programme
To ensure that young people acquire a level of experience and hone their employability skills, to make them suitable for employment and to acquire the required skills for self-development.
Benefits to Successful Interns
- Provides you with an opportunity to relate career courses with workplace scenarios.
- Gives you valuable insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace.
- Prepares you for the demands and expectations of the fast-evolving world of work.
- Improves your soft skills such as emotional intelligence, teamwork, people skills confidence, and problem-solving.
- Provides you with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work.
Eligibility / Work Experience Program (WEP) Application
To be eligible for this training programme, candidates must:
- be a Nigerian citizen between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- possess a valid government-issued means of identification
- willing to undertake some travel if selected and the physical training location is not in their state of residence
- be a graduate of tertiary institution (BSc/HND)
How to Register for Work Experience Programme Registration 2022
Interested and qualified applicants should visit: https://fmysd-esp.com/work-experience/
Application Deadline: Application will close on 16th of January, 2022.