WBG Africa Fellowship Program: Apply now – The Africa regions of the World Bank Group (WBG) announce the opening of the application period for the 2022 WBG Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals.
WBG Africa Fellowship Program: Apply now – Through the fellowship, they aim to build the capacity of the next generation of African change makers in development research, policymaking and promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
The program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work. The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
The program offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
Women are encouraged to apply.
- To be considered you must be a Ph.D. candidate or recent graduate (within three years of Ph.D. completion) from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
- If accepted, you will:spend six months getting hands-on experience at WBG headquarters in Washington D.C. or a country office.work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the WBG’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
For more information, click here