UNESCO/Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2022 – The Programme started in 2012 and aims to promote capacity building and research activities in UNESCO’s Member States in the field of science and engineering.
Beneficiaries of these fellowships are given the opportunity to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow for six (6) months duration starting on 1st October.
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. It seeks to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture. UNESCO’s programmes contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
Political and economic arrangements of governments are not enough to secure the lasting and sincere support of the peoples. Peace must be founded upon dialogue and mutual understanding. Peace must be built upon the intellectual and moral solidarity of humanity.
Aim and Benefits of UNESCO/Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2022
Facilities offered by Polish Authorities:
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities
- Accommodation at the AGH UST Student Campus in Kraków
- Monthly allowance of 1600 PLN
Facilities offered by UNESCO:
- International travel expenses from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland;
- Health insurance
Requirements for UNESCO/Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme Qualification
- Applicants must hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor of Eng (B.Eng) or a Master of Engineering (M.Eng) degree,
- Be proficient in reading and writing in English
- No more than 40 year-old
Documents Required For Application
Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- UNESCO fellowships application forms, including medical certificate, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English using capital letter (illegible documents will be eliminated from the procedure, hand writing form must include capital letter only);
- Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
- Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree/ PhD obtained; and,
- UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone related to the candidate’s work, as well confirming the candidate’s qualifications.
- The endorsed candidates should register themselves to the Fellowship e-registration system available on the page:
August 15, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to UNESCO on www.unesco.agh.edu.pl to apply
Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief, Participation programme and Fellowships Section, by 15 August 2022 at the latest (GMT +01:00) to UNESCO mailing address. An advance copy of the application should be sent by e-mail unesco4(at)agh.edu.pl; s.bantchev(at)unesco.org; l.zas-friz(at)unesco.org and d.bianchi(at)unesco.org.
For more details,visit UNESCO website