Up to 4 UAL International Postgraduate £50,000 Scholarships are available. Applications open in late February.
Eligibility / UAL International Scholarships
Criteria 1: You must hold an offer to study a full-time taught master’s course at one of UAL’s 6 Colleges starting in 2022/23.
- Your course must offer either a Grad Dip, M ARCH, MA, MFA, MBA, MRes or MSc qualification.
- You are not eligible to apply if you already hold a UK postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad.
Criteria 2: You must be ordinarily resident in one of the low-income economy countries detailed in our list of qualifying countries (see below).
- Evidence such as a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal proof of your address must be included as part of your application.
You are an asylum seeker in the UK at the point at which you make your scholarship application.
Criteria 3: Your annual household income must be £50,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying country’s currency) at the point of application. For an up-to-date currency conversion, visit Oanda Trade Currency Exchange.
Criteria 4: You must provide a personal statement as part of your scholarship application which responds to the following questions (maximum 350 words per question):
- Describe how receiving a postgraduate scholarship would make a difference to you.
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
- Describe how you would address challenges in your home country.
- Tell us how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship.
Qualifying countries / UAL International Scholarships
AfghanistanGhanaPakistanAlbaniaGrenadaPalauAlgeriaGuatemalaPalestine, State ofAngolaGuineaPanamaAntigua and BarbudaGuinea-BissauPapua New GuineaArgentinaGuyanaParaguayArmeniaHaitiPeruAustraliaHondurasPhilippinesAzerbaijanIndiaQatarBahamasIndonesiaRussiaBahrainIranRwandaBangladeshIraqSaint Kitts and NevisBarbadosIsraelSaint LuciaBelarusJamaicaSaint Vincent and the GrenadinesBelizeJordanSamoaBeninKazakhstanSao Tome and PrincipeBhutanKenyaSaudi ArabiaBolivia (Plurinational State of)KiribatiSenegalBosnia and HerzegovinaKuwaitSerbiaBotswanaKorea (Republic of)SeychellesBrazilKorea (Democratic People’s Republic of)Sierra LeoneBruneiKyrgyzstanSingaporeBurkina FasoLao People’s Democratic RepublicSolomon IslandsBurundiLebanonSomaliaCabo VerdeLesothoSouth AfricaCambodiaLiberiaSouth SudanCameroonLibyaSri LankaCentral African RepublicMadagascarSudanChadMalawiSurinameChileMalaysiaSyrian Arab RepublicColombiaMaldivesTajikistanComorosMaliTanzania (United Republic of)CongoMauritaniaThailandCongo (Democratic Republic of the)MauritiusTimor-LesteCosta RicaMexicoTogoCôte d’IvoireMicronesiaTrinidad and TobagoCubaMoldova (Republic of)TunisiaDjiboutiMongoliaTurkeyDominicaMontenegroTurkmenistanDominican RepublicMoroccoTuvaluEcuadorMozambiqueUgandaEgyptMyanmarUkraineEl SalvadorNamibiaUnited Arab EmiratesEquatorial GuineaNauruUruguayEritreaNepalUzbekistanEswatini (Kingdom of)New ZealandVanuatuEthiopiaNicaraguaVenezuelaFijiNigerViet NamGabonNigeriaYemenGambiaNorth MacedoniaZambiaGeorgiaOmanZimbabwe
Once you’ve received an offer to study at UAL, the ‘my funding’ page on your applicant portal will be updated to include application forms for scholarships you may be eligible for.
If you submit a scholarship application, we will email you after the deadline has passed to let you know if you have been successful.
Application deadline / UAL International Scholarships
- For courses starting in September/October 2022: Monday 13 June 2022
- For courses starting in January 2023: Wednesday 2 November 2022.