Twitter/AMIU 2022 Health Journalism and Communication Programme – Amref International University (AMIU) in partnership with Twitter offers full scholarships to Health journalists to do a short course on Health Journalism and Communication at AMIU.
The course fee is KES 80,000/USD 800 and the programme will be offered virtually to successful applicants. The aim of the course is to enhance knowledge, build skills and nurturecompetencies of journalists, Public Relations Officers and health managers on all aspects related to health reporting.
Twitter is an American microblogging and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as “tweets”. Registered users can post, like, and retweet tweets, but unregistered users can only read those that are publicly available. Users interact with Twitter through browser or mobile frontend software, or programmatically via its APIs.
Prior to April 2020 services were accessible via SMS.The service is provided by Twitter, Inc., a corporation based in San Francisco, California, and has more than 25 offices around the world.Tweets were originally restricted to 140 characters, but the limit was doubled to 280 for non-CJK languages in November 2017.Audio and video tweets remain limited to 140 seconds for most accounts.
Twitter was created by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams in March 2006 and launched in July of that year. By 2012, more than 100 million users posted 340 million tweets a day, and the service handled an average of 1.6 billion search queries per day. In 2013, it was one of the ten most-visited websites and has been described as “the SMS of the Internet”.As of Q1 2019, Twitter had more than 330 million monthly active users.Twitter is a some-to-many microblogging service, given that the vast majority of tweets are written by a small minority of users.
Aim and Benefits of Twitter/AMUI Health Journalism Scholarship
The aim of the course is to enhance knowledge, build skills and nurture competencies of journalists, Public Relations Officers and health managers on all aspects related to health reporting.
Requirements for Twitter/AMUI Health Journalism Scholarship Qualification
To be considered for this scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Completion of Application. The applicant must complete the entire application required, including providing all documentation requested in the application or otherwise requested.
- Submission of documentation. The applicants are required to submit their resume and links or attachments of health related stories to email@example.com
- Geographical restrictions. Must be a practicing African health journalist reporting on health and medical issues across Africa.
- Deadline. The application must be received by 31st August 2022. Only complete applications with all required supporting materials that are received by the published deadline will be considered by the Scholarship Application Evaluation team.
- Eligibility. Each Scholarship recipient shall meet all eligibility requirements described above.
- Scoring. Applicants will be scored based on the quality of the content provided and their work as health journalist in their respective countries.
August 31, 2022
How to Apply
Once the scholarship evaluation team has selected and approved the list of successful candidates, the list will be submitted to Amref International University.
• All applicants will receive written communication informing them of the outcome of their application, as well with information on the registration procedure.
• Applicants who are awarded this scholarship will have one week from the date of notification to accept the award. If documentation is not submitted before the deadline, the scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
For more details,visit AMIU website