The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria, SMEDAN is organizing a nationwide capacity building program for 740 SMEs on Product Branding and Packaging.
The key objective is for Made in Nigeria products to become more competitive in the international market, within the context of the African Continental Free Trade Area, AFCFTA.
The Training Location
The training program will take place in Owerri, Lagos, Abuja, Yola, Kano and Benin with a total of 740 Small and Medium Enterprises to be empowered.
The MSMES are the nucleus of the AfCFTA initiative which seek to convene the most relevant and knowledgeable thought on improving packaging and branding techniques to develop new insight and perspectives on the key global systems and African common market, as well as the impact and governance of key emerging strategies and technologies for MSME development for the benefit of AfCFTA.
AfCFTA was created by African Union to establish a single continental market for goods and services., with free movement of business professionals and investments , ACCELERATING THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE Continental Customs Union and the AFRICAN Customs Union and expand intra- African Trade through better harmonization and coordination of trade liberalization and facilitation African order to enhance competitiveness at the industry and enterprise level by exploiting opportunities for scale production , continental market access and better reallocation of resources.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objective of training packaging and labelling for Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) include:
1. To improve capacity of MSMEs in Nigeria in the process of adding value to products to enhance sales.
2. To improve MSMEs access to export market and platforms for knowledge shaing among global MSME agencies, embassies, such as National Action Committee on AfCFTA to broaden and deepen the information flow for competitive ness of MSMEs in AfCFTA.
3. To integrate MSMEs to take advantage of AfCFTA market and beyond.
4. To enhance enterprise Networking and promote made in Nigeria goods and services.
5. Provide enhancement support for the beneficiaries.
6. To highlight strong contribution of MSMEs worldwide to livelihood, communities & economics, and the need to support MSMEs towards their success.
7. To raise public awareness about the importance of MSMEs to economic growth and international development.
8. To advocate for and provide increased support for MSMEs.
9. To network, share knowledge & information among MSMEs.