Quebec Government International Internship – The Government of Canada invites application from International students to apply for the Quebec Government Research Internship In Canada 2022, Only students that have complied with the eligibility criteria will be considered.
Quebec Government International Internship – The internship is a supplementary tool available to a strategic cluster to strengthen its position at the international level through research projects and partnerships that have already been established or which are under development.
Type: Research, Internship
To Be Taken At (Country): Quebec, Canada
Eligible Countries: All
Value of Internship
The scholarship for internship is of a maximum value of $15,000. However, the FRQNT will allow no more than the equivalent of $2,500/month in living expenses and will permit internship expenses (ex.: airfare, room rental agreement, etc.) to be covered by the strategic cluster.
1. All of the strategic clusters supported by the FRQNT may submit an application to this program.
2. The applicant proposed by the strategic cluster must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed here after.
3. The applicant must have the valid study permits or visa for the entire duration of the internship;\
4. The applicant can’t be enrolled in a co-degree from more than one institution including a Québec university. For the students enrolled in a co-degree see the rules of the Frontenac program.
5. Students who are jointly supervised by a researcher in a foreign university (co-degree) are not eligible to apply for an international internship scholarship to visit one of their home universities.
How to Apply For Quebec Government International Research Internship
1. Candidates interested within this program must file their application within their strategic cluster (see list on FRQNT’s Web Site) Validate the list of documents required for this application with the specific strategic cluster.
2. The strategic clusters which recommend a candidate must fill the specific form available on FRQNT’s Web site as well as transmit it electronically.
The form includes the complete addresses of the student, the academic supervisor, and the internship supervisor. A brief description of the nature of the internship is also required.
3. The strategic clusters must also submit the selection committee report that states the results for each of the three criteria in effect, the assessment process and the names of the committee members.
4. The strategic clusters must also send in the electronic form, a letter signed by the supervisor of the student specifying the start and end dates of the internship.
5. Any internship application must be filed by the strategic cluster and approved by the FRQNT before the leaving of the trainee.
FRQNT’s (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies)
All projects involving human subjects or biological materials (body parts, products, tissues, cells or genetic material from a human body, of a person living or dead) or administrative, scientific or descriptive data from human subjects, require the approval of the research ethics board of the principal applicant’s institution (Common General Rules , article 5.3).
Furthermore, if applicable, researchers must report any environmental impacts of their research and employ reasonable efforts to minimize them. To this end, they must obtain the required authorization and permit before the start of the project.
Click here for more information .