Financial Assistance Grant Application – We know that the cost of medical mission trips can be prohibitive at times.
For providers who would like to attend a trip but do not have the financial resources, the Making a Difference Foundation wants to help you find a way to get the funds you need.
Our mission is to help ignite and support your passion to give back through medical mission trips.
If you already have a medical mission trip planned with another nonprofit but are still in need of some financial support, we want to help. If your medical mission trip meets our eligibility requirements, then we can help cover the program cost of the trip, with grants available up to $2,000.
The foundation will not cover any other expenses related to the medical mission trip, including travel. Please fill out the application and someone from our team will get back to you.
Financial Assistance Grant / Financial Assistance Grant Application
We are so impressed with the number of medical providers who are committed to sharing their talents with communities across the world. So many of you go back to the same communities year after year, developing long lasting relationship that are vital to sustainability. We would like to support your passion of giving back by offering $500 grants towards the program costs of your trip.
Eligibility Requirements / Financial Assistance Grant Application
• The Charity must be well-established for 2+ years, reputable, and qualified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
• The medical provider requesting the grant must agree that this is their first medical mission trip with any Charity
or other medical mission organization.
• Trips can have a diverse purpose including, but not limited to direct healthcare, dental or eye care, vaccinations,
healthcare education, or delivery of medical supplies.
• We support and encourage trips with cultural experiences or focus on humanitarian aid; however, 80% of your
time on the medical mission trip must be spent focused on healthcare education or healthcare delivery to be
eligible for a First Time Medical Mission Trip Grant.
• We support missions from all types of organizations; however, the sole purpose of the trip must be secular and
not to proselytize for any one religious or political cause.
• Providers are eligible for one First Time Medical Mission Trip Grant in their lifetime.
• Upon returning from the trip, all providers are required to fill out a Mission Report. Content from the Mission
Report may be used in marketing materials from the foundation.
Information about the Grant Program:
• Grant amounts may vary but will not be in excess of $2,000.
Also Read & Apply: Moghalu “Fish For Life” Training Initiatives
• All applications are reviewed and approved by the Making a Difference Foundation.
• Funds are awarded no sooner that 90 days in advance of the departure date and will be given directly to the
• Funds can only be used cover program costs. Providers must cover their own travel, vaccinations, and other trip
• There are a limited number of grants available each year. Grants are given on a first come – first served basis.
Meeting the eligibility requirements for a First Time Medical Mission Trip Grant does not guarantee that the grant
will be funded or funded at the full amount requested.
• Charities cannot advertise this grant program as a way for providers to pay for their trips.
• If a provider is not able to attend the trip, they agree to do their best to get the grant funding returned to the
Making a Difference Foundation.
Application Method / Financial Assistance Grant Application
NB: If you have found the perfect opportunity but just need a little financial help to get there, please apply below, or reach out to our team at email@example.com.