Chelsea’s new owners have one of the biggest and most crucial decisions they have to make during their tenure so far at the club.
We don’t need to go over it all again and again, everyone is fully aware of the Mason Mount situation now, but Chelsea will soon need to decide what move to make.
Do they sell him this summer and avoid risking losing him as a free agent next summer? Do they push hard and pay him what he wants to sign a new extension? Or do they wait, turn down all offers this summer, and hope that Mauricio Pochettino’s influence can be positive and hold out for Mount signing a new deal next season instead?
Right now, I understand it is the latter that they are considering, as I exclusively reported first on my Substack site, Si & Dan Talk Chelsea this morning, as well as loads of other key details in this situation.
To be honest, as I explain fully in the article, I can absolutely see the sense in doing this and I actually think it’s probably the best move for us to make right now, especially if no club is going to match our valuation for Mount.