PFAN Project Funding between US$1 million to US$50 million . PFAN is calling for projects from eligible and interested individuals or organisation. You can now be a beneficiary of this program. Apply now!
PFAN is accepting applications from projects and businesses in low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Central, South and Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, Eastern Europe, Central America, and the Caribbean Islands.
Selected PFAN projects undergo intensive one-on-one coaching to perfect their business plans, financial structures, and investment pitches. Once investment-ready, projects may be invited to present at PFAN and partner events or receive tailored investment facilitation services.
The investment amount, or investment ask, should lie between US$1 million and US$50 million. This may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
ONLY for energy access and rural electrification projects (clean cook stoves, solar home systems, mini-grids) an exception is made, and the investment ask can lie between US$500,000 and US$50 million. This too may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- Projects and businesses which deploy clean and renewable energy and/or climate change technologies for productive uses;
- Greenfield and brownfield utility projects, independent power producer and distributed generation projects (for both thermal and electrical energy);
- Existing projects which are operating at small or pilot scale and which are ready for scale-up;
- Projects which increase access to energy for remote communities, including rural electrification, off-grid and mini-grid projects, thermal energy and clean cooking solutions;
- New or expanding business ventures in clean energy and related technologies, including downstream projects (focused on deployment of existing technologies) and upstream projects (focused on development and commercialisation of a new clean technology);
- Mergers, acquisitions or joint ventures, which will add value to an existing clean energy / technology business.
To be eligible for PFAN support, your project or business must:
- Provide climate change adaptation benefits and/or
- Offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services that fall within their areas of work.
For more information, visit https://pfan.net/eligibility-criteria/