Opportunity at Growing Africa Agriculture – AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives.
Under its current strategy, AGRA continues to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers.
AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
Job Position / Opportunity at Growing Africa Agriculture
To support the successful delivery, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Program Assistant.
Also Read & Apply: United Nations Voluntary Trust Funds
|The ideal candidate will assist the Head of M&E/KM, M&E Officers and KM Program Officer in coordinating all procurement tasks within the unit, support the development and advertisement of Terms of Reference (TORs), Request for Proposals (RFP) and proposals for Unit consultants, goods and services.
The Program Assistant will also assist the M&E/KM team with regard to internal and external communications to ensure the running of a cohesive, coherent program, and provide regular updates on the team’s status through reports or meetings.
He will also perform other technical M&E roles together with the unit including Data Quality Assessments, grantees’ capacity building etc.
Also Read & Apply: Africa Green Grant Application
Key Duties and Responsibilities / Opportunity at Growing Africa Agriculture
- Coordinate the implementation of Data Quality Assessments for AGRA grantees.
- Schedule, coordinate and support training of grantees in the M&E Information system (AMIS) and other M&E aspects.
- Support Country Joint review meetings in reviewing of grantees’ progress on deliverables, providing feedback and supporting reviewing of reports.
- Support the KM Program Officer in the implementation of the AGRA Knowledge Management system/portal and Learning events, including webinars and brown bags.
- Support in the development, reviews and implementation of M&E data collection tools.
- Coordinate the unit’s implementation and follow-up of the Team Central Audit system recommendations.
- Together with the Head of M&E/KM and the KM Officer, promote knowledge sharing activities in the organization.
- Support capacity building of KM champions in implementation of the KM portal.
- Facilitate exchange of knowledge within the organization while closely working with other Units including ICT and Communications to disseminate widely.
- Coordinate development of the Unit annual workplan and procurement plan for the Unit Head’s review.
- Undertake contracting process for M&E Unit assignments and consultancies in AGRA CLMS and supports monitoring of their delivery and payment schedules.
- Organize in-house Unit meetings, record deliberations in the meetings, and disseminate and follow up meeting actions to enhance information flow.
- Manages the Unit repository of all key documents and reports and supports the sharing of the documents internally as well as with partners and stakeholders.
- Processes all program administrative actions i.e. consultancies, travel grants and other contracts, visa applications, timely dispatching unit mails, communication within the unit, vendor payments and ensures that departmental travels are organized as per AGRA’s Travel Policy.
- Provides support to unit consultants / partners and visitors by providing all necessary information, organize meetings and logistics such as accommodation, travel as well as organize appointments with AGRA staff where necessary.
- Coordinates unit logistics related to conferences and workshops across countries for the Unit.
- Organize and sometimes participate in field monitoring missions together with the M&E/KM team.
Academic Qualifications and Requirements / Opportunity at Growing Africa Agriculture
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or social sciences, a master’s degree is an added advantage
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with a range of software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Fluency in English required; ability to communicate in French will be considered an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Program /M&E management/support functions.
- Experience managing complex initiatives with proven ability to develop high impact partnerships.
- Good working knowledge of not-for-profit organizations.
- Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage.
- Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards across cultures and countries
- Analytical, data mining ability
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
How to Apply / Opportunity at Growing Africa Agriculture
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
Apply Deadline / Opportunity at Growing Africa Agriculture
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 1st March 2022.