Nigeria Online Youth Assembly – Creating and connecting Nigerian Youths to opportunities and giving them access to boundless resources across Nigeria, Africa and the world.
The Nigeria Online Youth Assembly (NOYA) is an initiative of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development in collaboration with a private Technology company, Focus Group Limited in order to empower the Nigerian youth by disseminating timely information on career enhancing, training, job and employment placement opportunities via a unified platform.
Leveraging on the Public Private Partnership model approach of deepening private sector participation in Youth development, NOYA was conceived to connect the mass of Nigerian youth to opportunities In both government and private sector. NOYA is a aggregator site.
NOYA focuses on reinventing the future of Nigerian youth using knowledge and creativity to escape poverty traps, unemployment, immoral acts and other unhealthy plagues existing in our society.
Throughout history, young people have played crucial roles in leading local and global movements that changed the world, despite the numerous challenges that they often face, such as age discrimination, underrepresentation, lack of resources and unemployment.
This forum aims to address these gaps and will work towards fostering the inclusion of youth across all social and regional groups in tackling and solving global challenges. Guided by the theme of Empowering Youth for personal and Global Development.
Goals of the Assembly
To serve as a formidable voice for Nigerian youth and be a galvanizing force for youth action on issues of sustainable development and Nation-building
- To promote youth entrepreneurship and engage in viable partnerships for the attainment of national objectives.
- Sourcing for and dissemination of vital information about opportunities that Nigerian youth can benefit from.
- To coordinate and network Nigerian youth and youth groups particularly Community-Based youth Organizations (CBOs) and smaller grassroots groups for the advancement of Nigerian youth, their communities and the country in general and encourage the formation of youth discussion groups, forums, and parliaments at community levels.
- To promote patriotism, youth participation, good governance and responsible citizenship as well as sexual and reproductive health.
- To carry out programs, activities and initiatives which are aimed at improving the livelihoods and promoting the well being and total inclusion of Nigerian youth and the development of communities.
- Organize capacity building lectures, seminars, workshops and other youth engagement for members and other Nigerian youth.
Interested persons should click the link to apply