New Zealand Resident Visa Phase Two – The official working at the New Zealand Immigration has released date for the commencement of phase two Visa.
The date for phase two Visa was made available on the New Zealand Immigration department website.
With this visa you can
- Live, work, and study in New Zealand.
- Include your partner, and dependent children aged 24 and under in your visa application.
Things to note
- The 2021 Resident Visa will be open for applications in 2 phases.
- Phase 1 applications open on 1 December 2021 for people who are eligible and had already applied for residence under the Skilled Migrant or Residence from Work categories on or before 29 September 2021, or had submitted a Skilled Migrant Category Expression of Interest (EOI) which includes a dependent child who is at least 17 on or before 29 September 2021.
- Phase 2 applications open on 1 March 2022 for all other eligible applicants.
- If you arrive in New Zealand as a critical health worker or other critical worker for a longer term role you may be eligible without meeting settled, skilled or scarce criteria.
- If you have already submitted a Skilled Migrant Category Expression of Interest (EOI) or Residence from Work application you will only have to pay the difference between what you have already paid and cost of the 2021 Resident Visa, provided you withdraw your previous application or EOI. If you have submitted a Skilled Migrant Category application, you will be refunded the difference if you withdraw your previous application.