The Transmission Company of Nigeria Recruitment (TNC) is seeking qualified applicants to apply for the vacant positions at the West African Power Pool (WAPP).
The West African Power Pool (WAPP) is a specialized institution of the Economic Community of
West African States (ECOWAS). It brings together 14 countries of the regional economic community. WAPP is made up of public and private companies involved in the production, transmission, and distribution of electrical energy in West Africa.
The 330 kV North Core project consists of the construction of a 330 kV transmission line over a length of approximately 875 km between Birnin-Kebbi in Nigeria and Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso, passing through the Niamey region in Niger.
The project also links Benin, in the Malanville region, through Niger. The project is co-financed by the World Bank, the African Development Bank, the Agence Française de Développement, the European Union and the Government of Nigeria. Given the regional dimension of the project, and to improve its coordination, the Energy Ministers of the North Core countries have agreed to set up an institutional framework that provides for the creation of a Project Management Unit (PMU) to assist, among other things, in the development and physical implementation of the project.
Read – Guides to Apply for National Product Supply Chain Management Program (NSCIP) Vacant Job
The PMU consists of a central unit based in Abuja, Nigeria and will also have local offices in each of the countries involved in the Project. The Project PMU (Central Unit and Country Offices) is supported by a Consultant Engineer recruited mainly to ensure the supervision of construction works undertaken by the Contractors.
Blueprint Consult Company Limited, on behalf of the North Core Project, is recruiting to fill the
following vacancies in the country offices of the Project Management Unit. Blueprint Consult
invites qualified candidates to submit their applications for consideration.
Transmission Company of Nigeria Recruitment VACANCIES
Position Location No.
Contracts Engineer Birnin Kebbi 1
Transmission Line Supervisor Birnin Kebbi 1
1. CONTRACTS ENGINEER
The Contracts Engineer will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of contractual obligations bynthe Companies awarded construction contracts in the country of his/her jurisdiction. He/she will also have a functional relationship with the Senior Technical Coordinator of the central PMU.
Minimum qualifications and experience :
1. Hold a minimum of a university degree (BAC+5 minimum) in the field of electrical, mechanical, civil
engineering or related fields;
2. Have a minimum of five (05) years of post-qualification professional experience in the management of
a contract for major works;
3. Must have managed a minimum of two high voltage transmission line projects or two HV transformer
4. Demonstrate sound knowledge of the relevant regulations and procedures of international donors
(World Bank, ADB, AFD, European Union and others), particularly in the area of procurement.
5. Demonstrate, in this regard, good mastery of the standard contracts of these donors;
6. Be currently working with the National Electricity Company of the relevant country of work.
7. Have a good command of the use of basic computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook,
PowerPoint…) and the use of the Internet.
8. Demonstrate experience in administration and people management.
Read – Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission Recruitment
Skills and competencies – Transmission Company of Nigeria Recruitment
1.Excellent organizational skills with ability to work in a team environment and under pressure;
2. Demonstrate integrity and excellent work ethic;
3. Have the ability to provide effective supervision.
2. TRANSMISSION LINE SUPERVISOR
The Transmission Line Supervisor will be responsible for working in close collaboration with the Consulting Engineer of the Project’s Owner’s Engineer and the National Electricity Company, to supervise and ensure the execution of tasks as part of the high voltage lines construction project to be undertaken by Companies recruited for this purpose. The Supervisor will also have a functional relationship with the technical team of the central PMU.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
1. Have a minimum of a degree in Electrical, Electromechanical Engineering or related field;
2. Have at least 5 years of proven experience in the maintenance of high voltage transmission lines (HV) or have proven experience in one (01) HV transmission line construction project;
3. Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of HV transmission line engineering, including conductors, insulators, structures and foundations;
4. Have a good knowledge of civil engineering with respect to transmission lines;
5. Have a good knowledge and understanding of topography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
6. Must be currently working with the country’s National Electricity company.
7. Have practical experience in project planning and monitoring software such as MS-Project.
Skills and competencies
1. Excellent planning and project management skills;
2. Ability to manage work with little or no supervision;
3. High level of initiative and ability to work with little or no supervision;
4. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with contractors and other parties involved in the project.
HOW TO APPLY for Transmission Company of Nigeria Recruitment
1. Click on “Job Openings” at the top of the page
2. Click on “View Openings” to view list of jobs advertised.
3. Click on the job you wish to apply for to view job description, scroll to the bottom of the page and click
on “Apply to Position” to apply for the job.
4. Fill out the form and upload your CV and application letter.
Application Deadline: Not Specify
Transmission Company of Nigeria Recruitment – For further enquiries kindly send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +233 302