Link to Apply for IFAD Accelerated Agribusiness Training (AAT) – Are you a youth agripreneur or startup running a business? The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project presents accelerated agribusiness trainings (AAT), a 6 weeks program in the poultry and Aquaculture value chain.
1. Training Application (Poultry, Ibadan)
Background – IFAD Accelerated Agribusiness Training
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project focuses on developing the skills of unemployed Nigerian youth and aspiring agripreneurs to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture. Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
The accelerated agribusiness training (AAT) which is a 6 weeks program for startup and youth agripreneurs (male and female) in the poultry industry and its value chain. The programme provides a solid curriculum on Poultry production, High quality cassava peels (HQCP) feed technology and Feeds and feed formulation for poultry to build a technical efficient and resilient business.
The programme includes classroom teaching and practical learning in the field. Through the training, the selected beneficiaries gain insights into building an economic resilient business in the poultry industry.
Criteria for Eligibility – IFAD Accelerated Agribusiness Training
- Beneficiaries should be between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about the development the poultry industry and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must have a business in the poultry industry and its value chain.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Ibadan, Oyo state (locations of the training facility) will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with specific disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit Six weeks to this program.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo practical sessions in relevant farms.
If you meet these criteria, kindly apply now!