Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large.
We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Corporate Marketing and Branding
- Essentially lead the LBS’ communications team to develop and implement internal and external communication strategies for the school to ensure that unified, consistent, and positive messages define and promote the corporate identity and mission, based on detailed target audience understanding and stakeholder mapping.
- Leverage quality branded content and community management strategies to consistently engage followers/audiences, and thereby grow brand footprint/followership across key social engagement platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter,
- Ensure the quality of production and design of communication materials as well as the accuracy of the content.
- Maintain good media relations with leading media houses.
- Supervise the management of the brand asset library and resources – including photo gallery, video archives, and photography and video production budget.
- Work with the marketing department to assist in the development of appropriate marketing and advertising plans of LBS executive management programmes through media buying and placement.
- Seek new methods and creative strategies to increase internal and external awareness of key events and changes in the School including the launch of new products, special events, local and global community service, and other topics of interest.
- Liaise with relevant units in executing cross-functional projects such as career fairs, Alumni events, graduation ceremonies, etc.
- Plan, develop and supervise the execution of strategic brand and communications initiatives.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to promote and positively represent the School through internal and external communication, thereby contributing to thought leadership.
- Develop processes and policies to grow and protect the School’s brand where gaps are identified.
- Develop effective and relevant Brand, PR, and Media strategies and platforms for the institution, through the development and implementation of brand/communications activity calendars and sound management of available media/communications budgets.
- Supervise the management/editing/quality control of the LBS website for optimal user experience and effectiveness.
- Develop executive communication collateral such as the Dean’s speeches/articles for relevant events and publication.
- Issue News releases for conferences and other major School events held throughout the year.
- Create and enhance public awareness and knowledge of LBS as a Centre of excellence in business and management education within the community.
- Favorably influence public policy relating to business and management education within (and beyond) the LBS operating environment.
- Support academic community in the development of a range of articles, thought leadership pieces and press releases for a broad range of business, management, and educational media within the local environment.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with a variety of affiliated organizations/institutions/partners and stakeholders primarily through their PR staff and through personal visits where appropriate.
- Supervise and approve output of all team members; Also take responsibility for coaching and capacity-building for the communications team.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Effective management of the LBS brand and reputation across all dimensions.
- Higher audience engagement and site-traffic on social media.
- Maintain sustained LBS brand awareness with a notable increase each quarter
- Quality of LBS branded materials.
- Content quality on LBS website & social media communities.
- Sustained content marketing ROI (return of investment) that generates clearcut leads for LBS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- An MBA would be an added advantage
- Membership of relevant professional organizations. e.g. CIM (UK), NIPR, CIPR, APCON
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience – five (5) of which must be within Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, Media, or Marketing Communications.
Competencies and Skills for the Role:
- To be successful in the role the candidate would be required to demonstrate the following:
- Project management skills
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Adobe Acrobat/Illustrator
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications
- Demonstrated ability to manage reputational risk
- Produce detailed and accurate work to tight deadlines and budget
- Ability to forge strong and effective relationships within the media environment and with internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Knowledge of appropriate Content Management Systems-CMS (Drupal, WordPress, Hootsuite, etc.) and HTML.
- Initiative, Creativity, and Imagination.
- Tact and diplomacy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email