Kokuyo Design Award International Product Design Competition (¥2,000,000 Prize). Applications are now open. Individuals can now apply. Apply now!
The theme for the KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD 2023 is “embrace.”
This word carries meanings like “inclusion” and “hugging.” In that same vein, they are looking for product design proposals that make people feel cheerful and positive by accepting and acknowledging the differences between people and the challenges society is facing.
The KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD is an international product design competition that focuses on bringing together and giving expression to future-oriented project proposals.
READ ALSO – Kaduna State Government Scholarship and Loans Board (KSSL) Recruitment
The YOKOKU Prize is a special award commemorating the KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD’s 20th anniversary. It will be given to selected student entrants to help them with their future work. “Bringing you a tomorrow you can’t wait for,” says KOKUYO. Following that premise, they will choose up to 20 excellent entrants whose presentation papers give us the impression that their futures will be fascinating. (without passing judgement on the models)
The competition aspires to give expression to the possibilities of design and the power of goods through the process of deeply thinking about the tools people use in their everyday working, learning, and living scenes. Don’t forget to enter your design for the KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD 2023
Aim and Benefits of Kukoyo International Design Award
- Grand Prix (one winner): ¥2,000,000
- Merit Award (three winners): ¥500,000
- Yokoku Award (up to twenty winners): ¥30,000
- The contest organizer will pay expenses incurred by participants for travel and lodging (up to two individuals for group entries).
Requirements for Kukoyo International Design Award Qualification
- Any stationery, furniture or tool used in working, learning and living scenes
- The competition accepts entries from any corporation, individual, or group that fulfills all the following requirements, regardless of their age, sex, occupation, or nationality.
- Must be able to give a presentation at the final judging (March 18, 2023).
- Entry eligibility is limited to those designs never before shown publicly (in Japan, other countries).
Interview date, Process and Venue for Kukoyo International Design Award
- The design includes a proposed solution to some social issue
- The design has components that make people feel positive
- The idea’s uniqueness
- The product design’s feasibility
- The design’s potential to become a product
October 11, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Kukoyo on award.kokuyo.co.jp to apply
For more details, click here