KAS Masters Scholarship for African Students. Do you wish to study abroad? Do you have all it takes to further your education abroad? If yes, here is an opportunity for you to apply. Apply now!
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation named after the first chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. KAS operates worldwide intending to promote democracy through political education and training.
Since 1999 KAS has funded a scholarship programme, run by the South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA).
ALSO READ – Apply for ABC Fund Agri-Business Capital
This unique scholarship programme provides funding to complete a full-year internship at SAIIA in parallel to a Masters degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University.
Successful applicants have to meet the entry requirements for a Masters degree at the above institutions, be a South African resident (or eligible for residency status), and be younger than 30 years old.
Successful candidates will receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation. The programme is output-focused, and scholars are assigned mentors.
The Konrad Adenauer Foundation is a German political party foundation associated with but independent of the centre-right Christian Democratic Union.
The establishment of a “systematic civic-education program inspired by Christian democratic values” began being considered in 1952 by a group of CDU politicians including Bundestag president Hermann Ehlers, Robert Tillmanns, and Heinrich Krone. On 20 December 1955, the Society for Christian Democratic Education, which would be renamed after Chancellor Konrad Adenauer on 13 October 1964, was opened in Bonn.
The aim of the foundation’s civic education programs is, according to their official website,the “promotion of freedom and liberty, peace, and justice” through “furthering European unification, improving transatlantic relations, and deepening development cooperation.
Aim and Benefits of KAS/SAIIA Masters Scholarships
- Successful candidates will receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation. The programme is output-focused, and scholars are assigned mentors.
- This unique scholarship programme provides funding to complete a full-year internship at SAIIA in parallel to a Masters degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University.
Requirements for KAS/SAIIA Masters Scholarships Qualification
- Applicants must meet all conditions as outlined in the agreement.
- Any successful applicant may be required to show proof that they are enrolled, or have been accepted to a Master’s programme, commencing in 2022 at the following institutions: Wits, UCT, or Stellenbosch University.
- Successful applicants will receive an official ‘offer’ email and must reply either accepting or rejecting this offer within 14 days of receipt.
- Failure to respond within 14 days may result in the scholarship offer being withdrawn and reassigned. Scholarships are awarded based on established eligibility criteria. You must meet the eligibility requirements to receive your scholarship The eligibility requirements for each scholarship are outlined on the scholarship page of our website.
- Providing false or misleading information is an offence. If KAS and SAIIA have reason to believe that you have provided false or misleading information, we may reassess your scholarship offer and you will be liable to repay the total sum of any payments incorrectly made to you.
- All scholarship holders must be South African residents or eligible for residency at the time of application.
- All applicants should be no older than 30 years old.
Documents Required for Application
- A letter of support/endorsement from one of your current lecturers for enrolment into a Masters Programme.
- A full CV that includes at least one additional written reference with your application.
- Your full academic record.
- Two written samples of your own writing.
- A two-page motivation of why you are applying for the scholarship programme and why you should be considered as an applicant.
- Completed quiz (open for qualifying applicants only)
September 30, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation (KAS) on briefings.themidpoint.org.za to apply
For more details, visit KAS website