CNFA is preparing for an anticipated UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) -funded Propcom opportunity that will support the economic development in conflict and climate-affected regions in Nigeria.
The project will address the key barriers to sustainable agricultural development to increase productivity, enhance resilience to climate change, and pursue lower emissions as well as help tackle some of Nigeria’s underlying drivers of conflict. The activity will use an integrated approach that addresses challenges in the environmental, social, and economic dimensions of Nigeria’s food and land-use system to achieve its objectives.
The Consultant will serve as a Technical Lead to design the strategy for the subject proposal and will work closely with the technical writer, other technical consultants, and the rest of the proposal team to provide inputs, comments, and feedback during the proposal draft development and submission. The consultancy is immediate and may require travel to Nigeria for a short reconnaissance trip.
The illustrative tasks are provided below:
- Complete the Research Guide – based on the CNFA Template.
- Lead development of the technical approach and the partnership strategy and support in proposal draft writing, collaboration, indicators, and results.
- Draft sections of the technical approach as assigned.
- Provide comments, reviews, and inputs for the proposal drafts.
- Lead development of a list of potential partners and stakeholders with whom the project should collaborate; and lead and participate in calls with them and secure letters of commitment.
- Provide input on the design of the organizational chart, management plan, staff position descriptions, project office locations, and collaboration narratives.
- Provide other deliverables as requested, based on mutual agreement with a supervisor.
- A Master’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, investment, finance, management, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience is required.
- At least eight (8) years of experience serving as a senior technical professional on a donor-funded value chain initiative is required; UK Government-funded project experience in strongly preferred.
- Successful experience in new business development in a capacity of a technical lead expert, and/or a lead technical writer is required.
- Experience providing technical oversight and leadership to support rural and agribusiness development, and/or sector competitiveness of agricultural value chains is required.
- Experience establishing and facilitating public-private partnerships is strongly preferred.
- Experience overseeing value chain development or market systems development approach to improve market access and development is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain positive, collaborative, and productive relationships with government and other partners is required.
- Experience working in Africa, particularly in Nigeria is strongly preferred.
- Strong written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Understanding of local language(s) preferred.
CNFA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of CNFA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, veteran status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION & CONTACT INFORMATION CNFA provides a reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact the CNFA Home Office Human Resources Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 202-296-3920 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job with us.
How to Apply