IITA/IFAD Food Processing and Packaging Training For Young Agripreneurs – Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
The expected outcome of the training is as follows;
- To prevent food wastage, youth must be trained in postharvest food handling, processing, and packaging, which is one of the mandates of the IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project.
- This training is in collaboration with Cato Food, Iwo, Osun State. The program provides a curriculum for youth (male and female) to learn about postharvest food handling, processing, and packaging.
- The program includes classroom teaching, hands-on learning in the field, and internships that can lead to employment opportunities or starting their own food-processing factory
To be considered for the training, you must meet the following conditions:
- Beneficiaries should be youth between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture, especially food processing and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Iwo, Ileogbo, Oluponna, Kuta and environs will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with certain disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants should be willing to undergo an internship in relevant food processing companies.
- Females are encouraged to apply…
The program includes;
- classroom teaching,
- hands-on learning in the field, and internships that can lead to employment opportunities or starting their own food-processing factory
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the application process using the link below.
The program is expected to take place in Iwo, Osun State.
The Application Deadline
8th August 2022