Grants Management Specialist Recruitment – The United States African Development Foundation is accepting applications from qualified individual for current opening job position.
Job Title: Grants Management Specialist
Agency: United States African Development Foundation
Job Announcement Number: ADF-22-01
SALARY RANGE: $61,947 – $80,532 / year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, January 31, 2022 to Friday, February 11, 2022
SERIES AND GRADE: GS-0343-09
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: GS-0343-11
DUTY LOCATIONS: Three Vacancies – Washington, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Open to all Returning Volunteers
JOB SUMMARY / Grants Management Specialist Recruitment
The position is in the Programs Division of the United States African Development Foundation (USADF). The USADF Program Division is responsible for the oversight and coordination of all aspects of USADF’s representation and program development overseas; engages in outreach in the countries where USADF operates; and identifies, screens, and selects organizations that might benefit from USADF support.
The incumbent serves as a key member of the assigned Regional Program team. The Grants Management Specialist’s primary responsibilities are to assist in monitoring the implementation of funded projects and to provide support to the Chief Program Officer and Regional Portfolio Managers, with a special emphasis on strategy to include program management, customer relationship management, business management, budget, and operations.
KEY REQUIREMENTS / Grants Management Specialist Recruitment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background investigation is required.
- Direct Deposit is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
MAJOR DUTIES / Grants Management Specialist Recruitment
The incumbent provides program and project support for the United States African Development Foundation and the Chief Program Officer and Regional Portfolio Managers. Duties include:
- Project Development
- Assist in the review and assessment of projects proposed for funding in French and English-speaking countries to ensure compliance with USADF’s technical, financial, and due diligence requirements and the Agency’s policies and administrative procedures and processes.
- Complete project development packages to design new grants to farmer cooperatives, small businesses, and entrepreneurs, in collaboration with teams located in Africa.
- Project Implementation
- Monitor project portfolios to ensure recipients comply with the terms and conditions of their grant agreements and cooperative agreements.
- Review and monitor recipients’ progress against targets, reporting against performance indicators specific to each grant, and timeliness of implementation.
- Review financial reports, bank statements, and bank reconciliation statements to ensure proper accounting; verify that the use of funds are within the grant budgets.
- Review recipients’ disbursement requests to ensure requests are aligned with USADF policies and USG financial regulations, assess the adequacy of documentation for grantee disbursements, and ensure that the disbursements occur in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete programmatic and financial close-outs for grants in the assigned portfolios within specified deadlines.
- Follow up to resolve audit findings of grants within the assigned portfolios.
- Assist in collecting data and maintain spreadsheets to demonstrate the extent to which projects are contributing to the achievement of the countries’ development.
- Assist with outreach and internal communication activities for the office.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Could include, but is not limited to, drafting briefing documents for high-level meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED / Grants Management Specialist Recruitment
Applicants for the GS-09 grade level must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level.
Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience for this position includes but is not limited to assisting with various special programs and projects (customer service and outreach, etc.,); drafting various correspondences, collect and analyze data; and providing guidance on administrative management controls.
A combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the specialized experience requirement.
Only education from institutions which are accredited or pre-accredited/candidate for accreditation may be used to meet education requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: finance, accounting, economics, international development, business administration, African studies, African history, or related field.
Two to three years of experience of international development, small business development, or finance in Africa.
Ability to speak, read, and write in French fluently.
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, and courteousness when interacting with others.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to handle sensitive information discretely and with integrity.
BENEFITS / Grants Management Specialist Recruitment
USADF offers competitive salaries which include locality rates and annual pay adjustments, and excellent benefits including life insurance, a wide variety of health insurance plans, a retirement plan, a thrift savings plan (like 401k) which includes employer-matched contributions, annual (vacation) and sick leave, training opportunities and health. For general information on major benefits offered to most Federal employees, visit OPM / Employee Benefits.
Conditions of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
This position is designated as moderate risk and will require a minimum background investigation (MBI). A preliminary background investigation/National Agency Check (NAC) must be favorably completed before an effective date for your appointment can be established.
This position will be filled as full-time.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses for this position will not be paid by the United States African Development Foundation.