The Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment portal is opened, Nigerians can cease the opportunity to apply for space.
Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment
Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Career Management
The Career Management Office (CMO) is headed by a Federal Permanent Secretary. The Office is currently made up of four Departments, namely: Employee Mobility (EM) Department; Performance Management Department (PMD); Employee Relations and Welfare Department (ER & WD) and Learning and Development Department (L&D).
The Career Management Office (CMO) is responsible for managing the career of officers in the pool of the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation. The office also liaises with the Federal Civil Service Commission on matters of Appointment, Promotion and Discipline.
Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Objectives
To manage the careers of officers in the Federal Public Service with a view to achieving optimal utilization of human resource and providing efficient and effective service delivery. also to provide systems, tools and policies to build a professionally competent and well-motivated workforce for effective, efficient and accountable service delivery.
- Control and management of careers of the Pool Officers such as Administrative Officers, Executive Officers, Librarians and Library Officers, Confidential Secretaries, Store Officers and Stock Verifiers, Computer Engineers, Programmers and Analysts, Data Processing Officers and Procurement Officers. Efforts are on top gear to bring Engineers into the Pool
- Management of careers of all Professional Officers in the Federal Civil Service on Salary Grade Level 14 and above through the relevant MDAs
- Co-ordination of activities in relation to Civil Service matters of Federal Ministries and Extra-Ministerial Departments
- Liaison with Parastatals on Public Service matters
- Providing Secretariat support on the appointment of Permanent Secretaries and the weekly meeting of the Federal Service Management Committee
- Provision of staff to newly established Commission and Extra-Ministerial Departments
- Any matter that may be assigned by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation.
Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Key Expectation
Lead the design, implementation and communications of programmes, systems and strategies to:
- Maximize employee and workforce performance and engagement;
- Build a competent workforce;
- Develop HR management competencies of the FCS.
Programmes & Systems we Deliver:
- Performance Management;
- Learning and Development;
- Employee Mobility;
- Employee Wellbeing; and
- Staff Records and Benefits Administration.
How to Apply ? Click to read more
Vacant Position Details
To be a World-Class service office, implementing Government’s policies and programmes for rapid and sustainable development.To provide timely, valuable and professional services for efficient and effective operations of the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation.
Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Processes
- Management and maintenance of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) Secretariat;
- Processing matters relating to appointment, promotion and discipline of staff of OHCSF; Dealing with matters relating to staff welfare and training.
- Handling other establishment matters such as leave, staff records, nominal roll and secretariat of meeting of the OHCSF;
- Controlling and coordinating internal administration issues in the OHCSF; Supporting and assisting in accelerating achievement of government policies that impinges on the general welfare needs of public servants;
- Provides adequate security and parking arrangements at the Federal Secretariat Phases I, II, III and IV;
- Ensure sporting and leisure activities among civil servant through the effective supervision of Federal Civil Service Clubs and the Federation of Public Services Games;
- Ensuring the coordinating of the activities of the facility managers who have been entrusted with the maintenance of Federal Secretariat Complex;
- Providing office accommodation to Federal MDAs;
- Processing of nominations of civil servants to be given National Honours for the consideration of the OHCSF;
- Representing the OHCSF in Boards and Committees;
- Serving as the Secretariat for Senior Staff Committee of the OHCSF;
- Providing transparent and timely accounting services in the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, other government agencies and the general public;
- Handling financial activities of the OHCSF;
- Handling matters relating to the receipt and disbursement of funds in accordance with budgetary provision and in compliance with financial regulation and circulars;
- Receipt and management of funds by way of quarterly warrant and AIEs from the Accountant-General of the Federation;
- Collection of independent Revenue (taxes, fees, etc) arising from the activities of the OHCSF on behalf of the government.
- Payment of bills, rates, salaries etc to contractors, staff and other creditors after due approval; Disbursement of funds to outstations offices through AIEs;
- Maintenance of appropriate records and books of accounts;
- Rendition of mandatory financial returns to the OAGF;
- Computerization of all operations of the Offices and Departments in the OHCSF;
- Provide advice on the computerization of the operations of MDAs in the Federal Civil Service
- Maintenance of hardware and other ICT equipments in the OHCSF;
- Provide information on the management and maintenance of hardware and other ICT equipments of MDAs in the Federal Civil Service;
- Producing annual plan of activities and programmes in the OHCSF before the end of the first quarter of each year;
- Publishing annually the report of any research into the operations and management of the OHCSF;
- Monitoring and evaluation of plan implementation in the OHCSF;
- Provides Secretariat for service to the Ministerial Tenders Board;
- Research into internal organization and operational modalities of the OHCSF;
- Preparation of Annual Progress Report and publish the Quarterly and manpower statistics of the Federal Civil Service;
- Setting and monitoring of performance and efficiency targets for the various sub-divisions and staff of the office
- Researching into sectors over which the Office has jurisdiction;
- Coordinates the meeting of Directors of Planning, Research & Statistics service-wide;
- Provision of library services of the Offices;
- Setting and maintaining network backbone-linking all offices in the OHCSF on the LAN and the Website, including internet connectivity and e-mail;
- Provide advice on setting and maintaining network backbone-linking all MDAs in the Federal Civil Service on the LAN and the website, including internet connectivity and e-mail; and
- Provide operational database on Management of Human Resources as well as capturing the accurate financial expenditure of the entire Public Service.
- Planning of all procurement;
- Ensuring due process in the procurement of goods and services and the awards of contracts in the OHCSF;
- Liaison with the BPP, the Budget Monitoring and Price Intelligence Unit (BMPIU) of the Presidency;
- Procurement Planning Committee (PPC) Meetings and Secretariat to PPC and OHCSF Tenders Board;
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance;
- Procurement of goods/services >NGN5million;
- Maintenance of register of suppliers / contractors for the OHCSF and periodically updated price database as may be provided by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP);
- Contract administration and sign-off for contractor payment;
- Ensuring value-for-money;
- Supplier quality assurance;
Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Key Expectations
Provide assurance on the efficient and effective use of OHCSF resources in the areas of finance, human resources, office management and general administration, ICT and procurement.
Key Programmes & Systems we Deliver
- OHCSF HR;
- OHCSF Procurement & Administrative Support;
- OHCSF Planning Analytics & Monitoring;
- OHCSF Finance & Accounts; and
- OHCSF ICT support.
How to Apply ? Click to read more