Facebook Funding (up to $40,000): Community Accelerator Program. Facebook is pleased to announce its Community Accelerator Program to provide training, support and funding to enable great communities to make an even greater positive impact in the world.
In their discussions with community leaders over the last few years, facebook learned that many of them are looking for support and guidance in how to grow their communities’ impact. They want to take a holistic approach to supporting these communities.
- Funding: Receive grant money to help fund work that advances your community’s goals. This year they look forward to awarding up to $40,000.00 (USD) per community through our Grant Management Partner GlobalGiving.
- Coaching & Development: Develop yourself and your community through a customized curriculum and personalized coaching to strengthen your community. Work on a development plan to execute an initiative of your choice.
- Connection: Knowledge-share with fellow top community leaders, network with key players in the industry and access direct support.
- This program is open to communities that have a presence in Facebook Groups with leaders who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the following countries: Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, United States, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia, Tanzania, Egypt, Morocco, Lebanon, Jordan, United Arab Emirate & India. Communities must have existed for over one year and must have a minimum size of 5,000 members.
- The program will be conducted in Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico & Argentina), German (Germany, Switzerland & Austria), Arabic (Egypt, Morocco, Lebanon, Jordan & United Arab Emirates) and English for all the other markets.
- Participants of the FCLP Program, 2020 and 2021 Community Accelerator are not eligible to apply. Participants in other Facebook programs are welcome to apply as long as they meet the program requirements.
How are you selecting participants?
The selection committee will look for communities who would benefit most from the unique programming offered and have the capacity to engage fully in the program. This includes:
Vibrant Community: A community using Facebook Groups that has existed for over one year and has a highly engaged member base starting and participating in meaningful conversations.
Purpose: The community and its leadership team has a clear purpose and vision.
Capacity: A team that has the capacity to create initiatives that activate and benefit their members.
Leadership: The leader(s) of the community have leadership experience, including managing teams, projects and volunteers.
Sustainability: The community is interested in having or already has a business model to cover their costs, even if it isn’t recurring revenue.
Commitment: A team that is committed to engage fully in each stage of the program.