Electrician Jobs in Los Angeles California $33/Hour. 2022/2023 Application Form Portal is now open. Interested and qualified individuals can apply for this job opportunity.
Electrician Jobs in Los Angeles California: Join a team of dedicated electricians to provide services to a fleet of diesel-electric locomotives responsible for transporting goods across North America! Almost every system on the locomotive is a sophisticated electrical system.
Diesel Electricians inspect, diagnose and repair the electrical components on locomotives of various ages and models. You’ll be performing scheduled inspections and maintenance and will also be challenged to troubleshoot malfunctions in locomotive control circuits and components.
READ – Apply for ABC Fund Agri-Business Capital
Electrician Jobs in Los Angeles California
Your goal is to ensure the electrical components of Union Pacific’s locomotives are serviced safely, efficiently, and in compliance with standards, so they can offer safe and reliable transport of customer goods! We are powered by our people, will you join our team?
Post Name Electrician – Diesel Engines
Company Name Union Pacific Railroad
Expected Salary 33.10 Per Hour
Address Los Angeles, California, United States 90001
Accountabilities needed for Electrician Jobs in Los Angeles California
- Using schematics and location circuit plans: Perform scheduled electrical inspections and circuit tests of various components, perform maintenance and repair of electrical components in locomotive cabs or electrical compartments, and perform maintenance to equipment in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical systems and components to assess the nature of each problem, plan and coordinate work activities, determine equipment needs and develop sequences of steps needed to complete work.
- Work with shop machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Verbally and in writing, share technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information with others.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors, and/or customers and diplomatically handle conflicting opinions.
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations, and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Electrician Jobs in Los Angeles California
- Basic keyboarding skills.
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Education or work experience in electronics, control systems, AC/DC motors, OR current journeyman’s electrical card.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to deliver information to a coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Able to read electrical schematics and prints.
- Experience reading and understanding instructions (examples may include: operating and safety rules, bulletins, special instructions, and federal regulatory documents).
- Candidates for this position must pass a pre-employment test in English before being allowed to interview.
The number of candidates who pass the test and are granted an interview is based on hiring needs. Click here to see a sample of the Diesel Electrician Test.
Candidates must qualify on a Physical Ability Test (PAT) prior to employment. Click here for a description of the Physical Abilities Test.
Industry – Private
Education Required – Associate’s degree in electricity or electronics.
Schedule Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
- An Associate’s degree in electricity or electronics.
- Experience working outdoors in variable weather conditions (consider professional, personal, and volunteer experience).
- Experience with large motor generators and/or high-voltage circuitry.
- Experience working with electronics and/or electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience working in an environment that requires you to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection.
- Experience working with, on, and around moving heavy equipment (Consider professional, personal, and volunteer experience).
- Completed a formal electrical training program (e.g., training presented by a community college, trade/vocational school, or military).
- Certified and/or licensed as an electrician.
- Able to safely walk and maintain balance on uneven surfaces.
- Occasionally push, pull, lift and carry objects weighing up to 65 lbs; bend, stoop, and kneel. Perform overhead work, climb and maintain balance in order to access locomotives and equipment.
- Able to remain standing or sitting for more than one-half of every work day with an opportunity to periodically change position for comfort and make frequent coordinated hand movements to grasp, place, or move objects.
- Able to detect and interpret different visual color signals and displays, identify and judge the speed and distance of locomotives being moved in the service area, and respond quickly to unusual sounds and smells during inspections and testing.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Willing to work various shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends.
- Willing and able to work in confined and/or small spaces.
- Willingness to practice safe work habits.
- Agree to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection where the company requires.
- Work at heights of 20 feet or more.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Apply only to those locations where you are prepared to live and work.
- Benefit information can be found under the Benefits section on up. jobs (https://up.jobs/why/benefits/index.htm).
- Must be willing and able to work around large equipment such as railcars, locomotives, and cranes.
- To the extent required by federal law and/or collective bargaining agreement, membership in the respective labor union is required.
- The union agreement dictates the pay rate and cannot be individually negotiated. Monthly dues are the responsibility of the employee.
COVID-19: Union Pacific will comply with all federal executive orders requiring employees to be fully vaccinated or request medical or religious accommodation. The vaccine requirement is currently suspended pending legal action. Union Pacific will update applicants and employees with any further information.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation: Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an equal-opportunity employer here.
Union Pacific is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce where equal employment opportunities are available without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or genetic information. Union Pacific strictly prohibits any discrimination or harassment based on protected status.
Union Pacific is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment of individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, please use this link here to submit a request.
How to Apply For Electrician Jobs in Los Angeles California
Follow the application link below to start application process, kindly read all the necessary requirements above before applying: