Ekiti State Digital Skills Academy (ESDA) for Nigerian Youths. Applications are open for individuals who are interested in being part of this program. See details and apply now!
The Ekiti State Digital Skills Academy (ESDA) is an initiative designed to provide youths in Ekiti state with the technology and soft skills competence needed to access local and global job market opportunities. The program covers 4 learning tracks: Front End Software Development, Back End Software Development, Product Design and Product Management.
The Ekitis, whose ancestors migrate from Ile-Ife as a people, form one of the largest ethnic groups in Yorubaland. Ekitis are culturally homogeneous and the speak a dialect of Yoruba language known as Ekiti. The homogeneous nature of Ekiti confers on the state some uniqueness among the states of the federation. Slight differences are noticeable in the Ekiti dialect of the Yoruba language spoken by the people.
This is informed and influenced by their spatial locations, especially the border communities to other states. For example the people of Ado local government area do not speak exactly the same dialect with the people of Ijero local government area, while the people of Ikole area speak something different from the people of Ikere area. The communities influenced by their locations include Otun (Moba land) that speaks a dialect close to the one spoken by the Igbominas in Kwara State.
The people of Okeako, Irele, Omuo-Oke speaks a dialect similar to that of Ijumus in Kwara/Kogi States. The people of Ekiti West and Efon-Alaaye local government areas, that is, the Efon Alaaye and Okemesi communities speak a similar dialect to that of Ijesas of Osun State. However , part of the uniqueness of the Ekitis is that where ever is your own part of the state, you will understand well, when the other Ekiti man/woman speaks, inspite of the dialectal variations. in addition, all towns in Ekiti State take a common suffix, “Ekiti,” after their names. the main staple food of the people of Ekiti is pounded yam with vegetable soup.
Aim and Benefits of Ekiti State Digital Skills Academy (ESDA)
- To facilitate access to economic opportunities for Ekiti’s population through state-wide technology upgrade and digital skills acquisition.
- To empower Ekiti State Youth with advanced technology and soft skills to be able to access local and global entry-level jobs in the technology industry.
- To contribute towards increasing the technology talent pipeline for the Ekiti State technology ecosystem
- To empower Ekiti State Youth with advanced technology and soft skills.
- To reduce youth unemployment in Ekiti State by improving technology competency and creating job-placement opportunities for program beneficiaries.
Requirements for Ekiti State Digital Skills Academy (ESDA) Qualification
- Youths between the ages of 16-35 years who currently reside in Ekiti State.
- Applicants must have basic digital literacy.
September 16, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Ekiti State Government on forms.office.com to apply
Only applicants with an active Microsoft outlook email account will be considered for this Cohort. If you do not have a Microsoft account. Kindly open an outlook email for easily access into the Teams platform for lectures.
Go to account.microsoft.com. select Sign in. and then choose Create one. Do not click on “use a phone number or get a new email address”.
For more details,visit Ekiti State website