ClimateTech Run Program – Global Competition for Startups. Interested persons can now apply. Apply now!.
The Egypt’s Ministry of International Cooperation, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology and Ministry of Environment launches ClimaTech Run, a global multi-stage programme for tech entrepreneurs who share a collective passion for sustainability and a better future for all.
ClimaTech Run’s tech-startup track provides global startups with the opportunity to pitch during COP27 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, and participate in capacity building, incubation, and acceleration programs.
The ClimaTech Run focuses on the use of ICT in developing innovative solutions and new applications for climate action, notably in the following thematic areas:
- Food security and agriculture
- Water management
- Industry 4.0 for climate action
- Urban sustainability, Mobility and transportation
- Other climate resilience applications
Climatech Supports Technologies
- The use of AI in climate forecasting, e-agriculture, and satellite imagery analysis
- IoT and sensor-based applications (weather, soil, and water big data information processing)
- Smart cities applications lead to low carbon footprint and climate adapting economies
- Electric vehicles technologies
- E-waste management and recycling
- Industry 4.0 applications (consumption and waste optimization, quality enhancement)
- ICT applications in green and renewable energy
- Clean Water Technologies
Special focus on Africa
- As African countries face significant risk for a warmer, drier future, innovators and tech startups worldwide can use cutting-edge digital technologies to aid in climate mitigation and adaptation. However, the market for climate tech in Africa is still vastly underserved.
- Climate-focused African tech startups lag significantly in investment inflow, receiving only 0.2 per cent of venture dollars compared to 94 per cent for the United States, Canada, China, and Europe.
- A special prize will be given to the top 2 African startups. The criteria for selection of African startups are the same as the worldwide track but adding that the founders must have a nationality from an African country. The top 5 African startups will be invited to pitch their idea during the global pitch event.
Prizes for this track are:
- Grand prize of USD 100,000
- 2nd prize of USD 50,000
- 3rd prize of USD 25,000
- Benefits for Africa
- Top African Startup: USD 50,000
- 2nd prize for African Startup: USD 25,000
- Access to tailored support programs from ClimaTech Run Partners.
- Participants must see the following criteria to participate in the competition
- Registered startup operating for over 2 years or a proven track record
- Has a team of at least 2 members, with member’s average age below 40
- Sustainably driven and innovative business-supported by one or more emerging technologies
- Not a spin-off or subsidiary of an existing company
- Has a functional prototype or MVP (minimum viable product)
- The team must have good communication skills and can present their startup in English.
For more information, visit here