AYuTe Africa Challenge for Nigerian Entrepreneurs. Application portal is now open for interested individuals to apply. See details.
The AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria is an enterprise development program initiated by Heifer International and implemented by Enactus Nigeria to identify, nurture, and support innovative, relevant and technology-driven agric-centric enterprises to grow, scale and thrive.
Candidates should be early-stage or growth-stage youth-led agritech businesses/companies with innovative solutions impacting smallholder farmers at scale.
About Heifer International
Heifer International is a global non-profit working to eradicate poverty and hunger through sustainable, values-based, holistic community development. Heifer has been working in Africa for over 47 years and is currently implementing an agricultural transformation initiative designed to catalyse the strategic shift needed to secure a sustainable and dynamic future for Africa’s smallholder farmers and agricultural sector.
Aim and Benefits of AYuTe Africa Nigeria Challenge
Challenge applicants can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Coaching and mentorship, personalized to unpack training into business implementation for the top-5 finalists
- Technical assistance at the various levels of the challenge to strengthen the MVP and the business and financial model of the start-up
- Links to financial and investment opportunities
- Networking opportunities to showcase your solution and meet with investors and other stakeholders
- Cash prize awards of a total of $20,000 for the top three winners:
- Winner: $10,000
- First Runner-Up: $6,000
- Second Runner-Up: $4,000
Requirements for AYuTe Africa Nigeria Challenge Qualification
- Be aged 18-35 by the closing day of submission to the AYuTe Nigeria challenge
- Be a youth with innovative ideas focusing on the agriculture sector
- Have ideas that are proven to solve social problems and are implementable, technically feasible, economically sound (affordable), and environmentally smart (eco-friendly)
- Hold Nigerian nationality with official ID (national identity card, international passport, or permanent voters’ card)
- Produce financial statements for the venture
- Be the founder or co-founder of the enterprise represented in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offences
- Have the potential for partnership and collaboration with other actors/stakeholders
The company must have:
An identifiable technological innovation that addresses the following problems for smallholder farmers:
- Smallholder farmer productivity
- Smallholder farmer income
- Labour intensiveness of operations
- Access to information
- Strong competitive advantage
- Alignment with relevant national policies and international treaties (e.g., SDGs)
- The potential for job creation and poverty reduction
- The ability to scale and impact a large number of smallholder farmers, including recorded evidence of demonstrated impact on smallholder farmers’ revenue and/or operations
- Been registered/incorporated with the relevant government agencies in Nigeria.
Documents Required for Application
- Soft copy of any National Official ID (national identity card, international passport, driver’s license, or temporary/permanent voters’ card)
- Soft copy of a clear headshot photo
September 16, 2022
How to Apply
This application form can be accessed in two ways: Web and App.
To access the form, follow the links provided below.
Applicants will receive a confirmation message for their application after submission by email/SMS.
Any queries? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details,visit AYUTE website