Apply Now for Interswitch Group Recruitment. Job vacancies are available at Interswitch Group. Interested individuals can now apply. Apply now!
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent.
At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Department: Group Legal & Compliance
Job Type: Permanent
To conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies, and develop and implement compliance policies in liaison with regulators.
To assess and report on compliance risks, investigate incidents and take action to ensure compliance.
- Regulatory and Compliance Management Identify instances of non-compliance with the Interswitch’s policies and procedures and / or relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, reporting these and escalating issues as appropriate
- Investigate standard incidents using current regulatory and compliance processes, systems and procedures, and take action to solve immediate compliance issues.
- Analyse business processes and workflows to identify bottlenecks and redundant compliance tasks and execute processes enhancements to increase output efficiency.
- Provide operational support to Team Lead, Compliance by performing prescribed and non-routine compliance monitoring activities, using existing programmes and protocols; suggest improvement opportunities on compliance and regulatory requirements.
- performing prescribed and non-routine compliance monitoring activities, using existing programmes and protocols; suggest improvement opportunities on compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Refer more complex issues to the Team Lead, Compliance
- Document Preparation, Insights and Reporting Prepare moderately complex documents using a variety of computer applications and also responsible for gathering and summarising data / information for reports and training programmes and material
- Client and Customer Management Help Team Lead, Compliance to manage internal and / or external client and customer relationships by using relevant client systems
- Resolve standard Compliance queries from internal or external customers or suppliers by providing information on policies and procedures, and referring the more complex issues to the Team Lead, Compliance
- Attend meetings led by Team Lead, Compliance, along with relevant stakeholders, and acquire client needs on compliance processes and requirements and execute legal mitigation activities in line with communicated requirements
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and compliance specialists in the Compliance ecosystem
- Contribute to the preparation of various data and analytics reports
- Develop weekly progress reports which include activities progress against set timelines, key risk and control indicators, and overall improvements on current processes and procedures that minimise relevant risks; submit reports to Team Lead, Compliance
- Consolidate and document Interswitch’s Compliance policies, procedures, and codes of conduct; monitor compliance against Compliance framework and provide feedback to Team Lead, Compliance
- University (First Degree) in Accountancy, Banking, Business or Law, or relevant professional qualification in financial services or audit
- Possessing any of the following certifications is mandatory:
- Association of Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- At least 3 years Compliance experience to be able to work unsupervised
- Experience should include:
- Knowledge of government laws and regulations affecting Interswitch’s business area
- Ability to interpret laws and regulations in light of operations.
- policies in liaison with regulators.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline 16th September, 2022