Apply Now for Chevening Leadership Fellowship: Fully-funded . Applications are open for the Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship 2023/2024. The Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship is a tailored programme of leadership development which aims to enrich and transform cultural practice and engagement by developing leadership potential, acumen and skills.
The Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship brings together some of the most creative and dynamic cultural leaders in the UK and internationally for an intense personal and professional learning experience unlike any other. Clore Leadership Fellowship will support you to be the leader you have the potential to be, through in-depth learning, tailored to your individual needs, aspirations and circumstances.
The fellowship runs in 2023, from September 2023 – March 2024 with a loose framework designed to boost the development of exceptional cultural leaders at a pivotal point in their career. It is adaptive and self-guided, so you’ll need to be highly motivated and deeply curious.
As a part of Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship, each international fellow will undertake an individually tailored programme based in the UK which will include:
- Tw residential leadership courses in September 2023 and March 2024
- Three day-long non-residential skills-based workshops
- A two-day ‘Urban Intensive ’ team project
- A 360° leadership profile
- A four – six week secondment in a UK based cultural organisation, (normally in an organisation or field very different to your usual workplace or practice) where you’ll be working on a ‘live’ project set by your host organisation
- Bespoke learning opportunities through conferences, courses and study visits and peer/sector networking.
- Focused support from a mentor or coach.
- Thought leadership exploration through a written provocation paper.
The Fellowship starts in September 2023, with fellows travelling from their home country to the UK to undertake the 1st fellowship residential in September 2023 and then will return to their home country in early October.
Fellows will then return to the UK in January 2024 to undertake the majority of the fellows’ individual training and development programmes. This will includes workshops, individual secondments, mentoring, attendance at courses and conferences, and the 2nd Fellowship residential course in March, which completes the programme.
A Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship includes a training budget of up to £18,500 to cover:
- Up to two return economy flights from your home country to the UK to undertake fellowship activities
- Accommodation while in the UK
- Living expenses while in the UK
- A period of secondment for approximately 4-6 weeks at a cultural institution in the UK
- Individually tailored fellowship learning plan which may include participation in courses conferences and other processional development activities in the UK
- Course and conference fees within the UK
- Training and development costs within the UK
- Travel in the UK
Eligibility Criteria for for Chevening Leadership Fellowship
- To be eligible for a Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship, applicants must:
- Intend to return to the country they were selected from at the end of the period of study.
- Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree or have equivalent professional training and/or experience.
- Have completed at least five years’ (or higher as required by Clore Leadership) work, or equivalent experience, by the end 2022.
- Meet the minimum requirements in accordance with the main fellowships scheme.
- Not hold British or dual British citizenship.
- Not be an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2016) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, the Ministry of Defence, and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Applications are invited from individuals from the following countries:
- South Africa
How to Apply for Chevening Leadership Fellowship
For more information, visit Chevening Clore Fellowship.