The United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT) is an intergovernmental body established in response to new technology development in international trade.
It is placed within the framework of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and serves as the focal point for the development of trade facilitation recommendations and electronic business standards. It has developed into a centre for excellence within the United Nations system.
UN/CEFACT undertakes two main streams of activities: trade facilitation and electronic business. It’s aimed at simplifying the movement of goods from the seller / producer to the buyer and/or user. Also, it supports satisfying the related regulatory and financial requirements.
United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT) – Benefits
- Encourages close collaboration between governments and private business to secure the interoperability for the exchange of information between the public and private sector
- Get assistance in the implementation of trade facilitation measures
- Provide a national focal point for collection and dissemination of information on best practices in international trade
- Participate as experts in international efforts such as meetings, seminars and workshops to improve trade facilitation and efficiency
The principal mandate of the UN/CEFACT focuses on facilitating national and international trade, through the simplification and harmonization of processes, procedures and information flows and thereby contribute to the growth of global commerce.
The key deliverables are:
- Trade Facilitation Recommendations
- Electronic Business Standards
- Technical Specifications
NEPC role and participation
The Executive Director/CEO (NEPC) is the Nigerian Head of Delegation (HoD) to the UN/CEFACT. Nigeria is currently a Vice Chair of the UN/CEFACT Bureau in charge of the International Trade Procedures-Project Development Area (ITP-PDA).
For all questions, enquiries and more information on how to participate please contact NEPC:
- E-mail: email@example.com