Seplat Energy Vacancy – Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Instrumentation Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job / Seplat Energy Vacancy
- To provide leadership, training and mentorship required in the Process Automation and Controls Optimization engineering discipline of Seplat and to harness and coordinate the Instrumentation/Control engineering resources of Seplat in delivering the Instrumentation/Control engineering aspects of capital projects to world class standards so as to achieve company’s corporate business objectives.
- To also drive Instrumentation/Control engineering activities in support of modifications, operations and maintenance of existing facilities via the Seplat’s MoC process so as to ensure continuous and safe operations of facilities.
- To develop Instrumentation/Control engineering specifications and scoping for projects and to define and institute appropriate recommended practices, codes and standards to be adapted in the Instrumentation/Control engineering group for proper execution of projects.
- Coordinate Automation / instrumentation team to support construction, installation.
Accountabilities / Seplat Energy Vacancy
- Overall responsibility in planning and timely delivery of Instrumentation/Control Engineering on Capital projects.
- Provide site support and technical assistance for the entire project life cycle, of detailed design, construction, hook-up and commissioning of the new facilities, both in the offshore and onshore work environments.
- Develop and monitor project budget and schedule.
- Initiating and scoping Instrumentation/Control engineering tasks needed for project execution.
- Interpret and implement local and international design codes and practices to comply with local and international laws, as applicable.
- Drafting and reviewing cost estimates, input to budget submissions.
- Carry out preliminary, basic, and detailed instrumentation engineering studies and produce associated deliverables, e.g. MTOs, datasheets, cable routes, drawings, control philosophies, SAFE charts, etc.
- Develop scope of work for automation work to be carried out on existing facilities and supervise contractors during execution.
- Observe relevant factory acceptance tests and/or site acceptance tests.
- Be focal point / technical authority for Instrumentation/Control engineering matters throughout all phases of engineering design, construction, installation and commissioning.
- Provide Instrumentation/Control engineering input to other disciplines to assure design outputs are consistent.
- Oversee Instrumentation/Control engineering performed by EPIC contractors to ensure compliance with the specifications of the contract.
- Act as company representatives (Instrumentation/Control) to ensure design work by contractors meets project standards and relevant industry recommended practices, codes and standards.
- Monitor performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions relating to Instrumentation/Control design.
- Assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation.
- Participate contribute effectively in HAZOPs, constructability review, 3D model reviews, Alarm Rationalization workshops and other key design reviews.
- Assist in mentoring and developing Instrumentation/Control Engineers and closing competency gap of engineers by recommending trainings both in-house and outdoor trainings.
Minimum Qualifications / Seplat Energy Vacancy
- B.Sc Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Automation Engineering / Process Control / Instrumentation or any relevant degree with minimum of 18 years experience in the Oil & Gas / E&P industry.
- Understanding of Full project lifecycle exposure: (Concept to execution) plus Field expansion development experience is required.
- Hands on experience in automation engineering design, field supervision for field Automation execution.
- Must have worked as Automation/ Instrumentation/Control engineer/senior Instrumentation/Control engineer for an operator and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant standards, norms and regulations Experience in conceptual design studies, FEED, detail design in both Green and brown field developments.
- IT knowledge and exp. In relevant engineering software applications Knowledge of the local environment and operations is an advantages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply