Apply for opportunity in Agricultural Value Chain – In 2019, through CAP-F, Grow Africa has managed to structure private sector investment amounting to $200million across several agricultural value chains.
In 2020, Grow Africa developed a pipeline of investment deals across various segments of the value chain, collectively worth over USD250 million. These investment intentions were announced at 2020 Summit of the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF). Grow Africa, together with its wide network of partners continues to work actively to unlock these investments.
- CBN Intervention Funds Programme for Micro, Medium & Small Businesses
- Apply for CBN Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Fund (MSMEDF) 2022, N220 billion
- CBN COVID-19 N500K, N750K MSMED 2022 Fresh Application
Submission of commercially viable investment opportunities
Grow Africa has been mandated to roll-out CAP-F in all AU Member States that have signed the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Plan (CAADP) Compact. To date, Grow Africa has presence in 16 African countries and is actively working to seek out and structure private sector investment deals across priority value chains place within its deal pipeline for canvassing with potential investors.
Grow Africa therefore calls on interested parties with investment opportunities that meet the criteria stipulated hereunder to submit the required information. (It should be noted that this is not an application for funding but rather an invitation to submit potential investment opportunities to be assessed and placed within the Grow Africa database for further engagement.)
General Eligibility Criteria
Eligible countries where investment is to take place:
- Eswatini, Botswana, Ghana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- Private Sector Organizations / Companies, Public Sector Institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations (all should be legally registered)
- Applying entities should have a demonstrated soundtrack record of at least two years, however start-ups with convincing and commercially viable business cases can also be considered
Target value chains:
- Target value chains where project/investment is to be undertaken are not limited to but include the following:
- Eswatini: Horticulture, Grains Livestock Dairy
- Ghana: Cassava, Rice
- Lesotho: Horticulture, Beef, Dairy, Aquaculture, Wool & Mohair, Bo-trade
- Malawi: Horticulture, Livestock, Rice and Edible Oils
- Mozambique: soybean
- South Africa: assorted value chains
- Uganda: Dairy, Rice, Potato, Meat, Cassava, Horticulture, Poultry, Oilseeds
- Zimbabwe: Horticulture, Oilseeds, Wheat, Dairy, Meat
- Applying entities should have a strong interest in increasing productivity along the entire value chain.
- Project/ investment opportunity should have the potential to create jobs, particularly for women and youth.
- Project / investment opportunity should have a positive impact on the livelihood of smallholder farmers.
The above criteria are minimum criteria and will be pre-screened upon submission by Grow Africa. On-compliance to any of the above criteria could lead to rejection of the application.
Guidelines for Submission of Expression of Interest
The expression of interest should be sent in the form of a short concept note not exceeding 5 pages and should include the following:
- Brief company profile
- Brief description of the project (is it a new project, is it an existing project, value chain in question, what the project seeks to do, where it will be undertaken etc.)
- Description of the exact nature of the investment that the company is looking for
- Investment amount required
- Policy interventions required in respect of the project seeking investment (if relevant)
- Technical assistance required in respect of the project seeking investment (if relevant)
- Details on estimated number of jobs to be created, including for women and youth.
Grow Africa will review all submissions and thereafter share a detailed application form with applicants who have eligible projects. The projects submitted will undergo a competitive technical evaluation.
Submission of Applications
Expressions of Interest should be submitted in PDF format via email to email@example.com
And after forward comprehensive proposal to the same email.