Another opportunity just open for – Application for the 2023 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholars Program is now open! – Each year, the NHEF identifies talented young Nigerians from our various Partner Universities that have demonstrated strong academic excellence and well-roundedness in both professional and extracurricular pursuits and provides them with intensive career training and skill-building exercises needed to aid them in long-term career development.
To qualify as an NHEF Scholar, each candidate must possess a strong commitment to Leadership, Community Service, and Philanthropy, as well as making a lasting impact across the globe. Eligible applicants are penultimate students at our Partner universities, i.e. 300 Level students studying a 4 year course or 400-level students studying a 5 year course.
Read & Apply – Expand North Star X Africa Fast For Tech Startups – Nigeria Edition
The NHEF Partner Universities are:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bayero University, Kano
- Kwara State University
- University of Ibadan
- University of Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
The Scholars Program is an early career-accelerating program that provides diverse opportunities to the selected Scholars from our various Partner Universities. Each Scholar goes through a weeklong orientation program that exposes them to career development training that plays a pivotal role in facilitating an easy transition into the global workforce.
During The NHEF Scholars Program, each scholar undergoes intensive training by a thoroughly selected group of international facilitators. The Scholars then take up internship placements at our Partner Firms, which typically last 6 – 8 weeks. They also go through a robust curriculum ensuring continuous personal and professional development.
- All applications must be submitted via the NHEF Application Portal (https://portal.thenhef.org/) latest by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May 12, 2023.
APPLICATION PORTAL GUIDE
- Log on to the NHEF application portal: https://portal.thenhef.org/.
- Register by creating an account on the portal: enter your first and last name, email address, phone number, and password.
- After registering, verify your email address by checking the inbox of the email address you registered with. Click the link or copy the URL to your internet browser.
- Once your account has been validated, log in using the email address and password you created.
- Proceed to the application by clicking on the Scholars Program application tab from the dashboard.
- Complete all the bio-data information and the program essay questions on the application page.
- Candidates should be prepared to upload the following supporting documents: a one-page Curriculum Vitae (CV), a one-page Cover Letter and the most recent Statement of Result (All in PDF format).
- Review application responses and submit.