International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Intern
Requisition ID: req37022
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Intern
Sector: Administrative/General Office
- Front Office Management:
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls and provide basic organization information
- Greet, welcome visitors and direct them to relevant offices
- Receive mail deliveries, packages and courier, track, sort and distribute them to appropriate departments
- Maintain visitors, and staff’s registers
- Perform clerical duties, scan, photocopy and organize documents as needed
- Carry out daily “lights-out” check at close of business
- Support the Admin/travel team with staff and visitors travel activities
- Any other duties or learnings as may be assigned by supervisors including but not limited to participation in IRC initiatives, task forces, committees, and strategic planning processes.
Position Reports to:
- Administrative Officer, and Travel Officer
- Other Internal and/or external contacts.
Internal: Staff members
External: IRC visitors, clients, and partners
Qualifications / Requirements
- Education: B.Sc / B.A / HND in Public Administration / Relations, Humanities or related fields.
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Work Experience: Approximately 0-1 year of relevant experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Thorough and organized.
- Ability to multitask.
- Language Skills: Speak and write in English – recommended.
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- People Living with disability and women are strongly encouraged to apply