The International Labour Organization jobs are opened for recruitment. In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria.
The ILO values diversity among its staff and welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. We also encourage applicants with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
Introduction – International Labour Organization Jobs
Opportunity Salone is a project implemented by the International Labour Organization (ILO) that aims to support Sierra Leone develop a vibrant and resilient economy delivering Decent Work opportunities to Sierra Leoneans.
The project is fully aligned with the government’s vision for national development as expressed in the Medium-Term National Development Plan 2019-23 (MTNDP). It emphasises human capital development, in particular investment in capacity building, and establishment of a diversified, competitive economy with well-developed infrastructure.
Opportunity Salone is financed by the European Union as part of the 11th European Development Fund (EDF). The project aims to contribute to large scale job creation and job quality improvements for women, youth and persons with disabilities mainly in rural areas in Sierra Leone through inclusive value chain development focused on SMEs and cooperatives, and feeder road maintenance to improve access to markets.
The project will be implemented in 4 districts (Port Loko, Bombali, Bo and Kenema), over a 48 month period (Oct. 2021 – Oct. 2025) with a budget of 8 million Euros and have three interrelated outcomes:
– Enhanced, conflict-sensitive, agricultural value chain and entrepreneurship development for SMEs, youth, women and persons with disabilities
– Improved feeder road maintenance contributing to resolve infrastructure bottlenecks to immediate job creation
– Improved business environment for entrepreneurship development and feeder road maintenance
The project will undertake inclusive value chain development interventions to support job creation and women’s inclusion. The project will work across 4 agricultural value chains in the selected districts. Value chain development interventions will be complemented with entrepreneurship promotion, building on the networks of trainers that have been established by previous ILO projects and ensuring that women and youth, including those with disabilities are able to access the business support services they need to start and run enterprises.
The project will also undertake employment intensive investment programming (EIIP) through routine feeder road maintenance by supporting district councils to set up and manage sustainable funding mechanisms for the very vital service. The last outcome which focuses on the policy and regulatory environment, will reinforce the sustainability of results achieved in Outcomes 1 and 2.
Opportunity Salone adopts a gender-sensitive market systems and value chain development approach .
The value chain approach relies on collaboration with national and development partners, and will aim at complementing and strengthening synergies between the project and other EU-funded projects and initiatives in Sierra Leone such as the UNCDF Investment Facility and the “Boosting Agriculture and Food Security – BAFS” programme.
The Project Assistant will support the smooth implementation of all project activities through a coherent communications and visibility plan which will be devised and maintained throughout the life of the project.
Reporting lines – International Labour Organization Jobs
Under the overall responsibility of the Director of the ILO Abuja Office director, the Communication and Information Management Assistants will report to and work under the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) of the project.
Description of Duties – International Labour Organization Jobs
• Provide specialized support for the development and dissemination of communication and information products and services ensuring compliance with applicable standards. Assist senior management with the internal communications in the Office.
• Keep up to date with ILO world of work themes and developments.
• Provide documentation services and maintain and update webpages, databases and web content management systems, classifying information in compliance with applicable standards. Liaise with staff and managers for technical content, information on activities and issues of key importance.
• Prepare and review communication and information products for layout and design in compliance with applicable standards.
• Conduct media reviews and disseminate relevant news within the Office and to Regional Office, HQ and other concerned parties as required.
• Liaise with media outlets and journalists to provide information on upcoming meetings and special events including on accreditation and other procedures governing media coverage of ILO events. Maintain and update a media contacts/distribution list.
• Source information from a variety of sources and respond to general inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
• Keep abreast of changes to communication and information management methods, techniques, tools, standards and guidelines and share information with concerned parties.
• Participate in the organization of meetings, conferences, campaigns and other events by providing administrative support and ensuring the availability and dissemination of materials.
• Prepare inputs, run reports and extract and compile data and present information to support analysis and reporting needs.
• Provide administrative and office support services including drafting general correspondence, initiating and following up on administrative actions, processing requests for translation and printing.
• Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required qualifications – International Labour Organization Jobs
Completion of secondary school education plus formal training in communications and administrative field.
Minimum of five years of office support work experience including in communication or information management support services.
Excellent command of English and working knowledge of another language of the duty station.
• Knowledge of communication and/or information management techniques.
• Knowledge of multimedia techniques and platforms.
• Knowledge of producing and using multimedia products.
• Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
• In addition to the ILO core competencies [Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration], this position requires:
• Ability to interpret and work within the applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ability to code and classify information in accordance with standards.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems including for updating websites, desktop publishing, graphic design.
• Ability to search for information from a variety of sources and respond to requests for information.
• Accuracy and attention to detail and skills in the design, layout and formatting of documents.
• Drafting and web writing/editing skills.
Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
“Assessed candidates who will be considered as appointable but not selected for this position can also be offered to be assigned on another temporary position at the same or at a lower grade provided that said candidates possesses the minimum qualifications for this position”.
Recruitment process – International Labour Organization Jobs
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
To apply, clivk International Labour Organization to apply