Applications for the 2024 Agricultural Greater Good Initiative grant is currently being accepted. The deadline for all 2024 applications is September 30, 2023.
The Illumina Agricultural Greater Good Initiative grants launched in 2011, and are awarded annually. This program spurs critically needed research that will increase the sustainability, productivity, and nutritional density of agriculturally important crop and livestock species. Grant recipients receive donations of Illumina products to support their projects.
The Grand Prize winner will receive up to $350,000 of in-kind consumables and/or services at list price value on up to 1000 samples of your choice. The winner will be announced during the International Plant and Animal Genome Conference in January 2024. View Terms & Conditions of the grant
Agrigenomics Grant Program – Terms & Conditions – Agricultural Greater Good Initiative
Please read the following terms and conditions (collectively: “terms”) carefully. By submitting your entry, you agree to these terms for yourself and on behalf of your Institution/Company. “You” and “your” shall refer to you personally or your Institution/Company, as applicable. “We”, “Us” or “Our” includes Illumina and/or its officers, employees, directors, agents, and affiliates.
If you do not agree to these terms, do not click the box below or “SUBMIT” at the end of this form, and do not participate in this offer.
Agricultural Greater Good Initiative Contest terms
Using the entry form, submit your written abstract, in 400 words or less, on how you would use an Illumina NovaSeq sequencer to discover, innovate, and accelerate your own research in plant and animal genomics.
One abstract only per individual and the individual must be submitting the entry on behalf of his/her organization. The grant prize will go to your organization, but not to you personally.
Each abstract will be judged based on our view of how well the entry reflects scientific merit, real-world impact, novelty feasibility, and applicant capability.
One grant prize will be awarded determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion.
Entries must be submitted between 12:00 am PT and 11:59:59 pm PT on September 30, 2023.
Agricultural Greater Good Initiative – The winner will be announced during the Plant & Annual Genome Conference (PAG) in San Diego. If samples are selected as the grant award, then Grant Winner agrees to provide appropriate samples and/or nucleic acid to Illumina in San Diego, CA, USA within 180 days of being announced.
If the grant winner is unable to take delivery of its grant within 180 days of the announcement of the award, Illumina reserves the right to award the grant to another entrant of Illumina’s choosing who can take delivery of the grand prize within 180 days of the announcement of the award.
Agricultural Greater Good Initiative Grand Prizes:
Up to $350,000 USD list price of consumables and/or services on/for no more than 1000 extracted nucleic acid samples.
To have your submission considered, all entries must:
Be in English
Be an original work
- Additional Terms & Conditions
By submitting your entry, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed both above and below.
- Illumina employees and contractors (and their immediate families), healthcare professionals (as defined by Illumina’s policies on healthcare professionals) are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Only one entry will be accepted per individual.
Previous winners may apply.
Previous unsuccessful submissions may be re-submitted.
- You agree to obtain all authorizations and permissions from your Institution/Company or others that are required to allow you to make this submission and have your name and institution name used for all purposes, including marketing, by Illumina or its affiliates without any compensation and with or without attribution, regardless of whether your entry wins the grant. You also agree personally to all the authorizations and permissions required by these terms and conditions.
- You agree that the use of your submission by Illumina does not violate any rule, policy, copyright, trademark, patent, or procedures of your Institution/Company or that of any other person. You agree that all parts of your submission become the sole property of Illumina.
- You acknowledge and agree that any submission made hereunder is not being made in exchange for any promise of business to Illumina.
- You agree that Illumina may contact you for purposes of marketing its products and services.
- Once submitted, your materials and information cannot be returned.
- All submissions must be made through Illumina’s online registration form.
- Illumina will have full, sole and absolute discretion regarding which submission is selected as the winner of this grant.
- Winning institutions are responsible for the nucleic acid extraction, shipment of samples, if required, and applicable customs declarations and permits.
- Illumina reserves the right to discontinue or modify this program at any time for any reason. In such event, Illumina will post a notice on our website and inform all submitted entrants via e-mail. In the event of discontinuance, Illumina will have no liability to you, your employees, and agents or team members for such cancellation or modification.
- Illumina may refuse to consider a submission if Illumina determines in its sole discretion that awarding the grant to the entrant would likely result in a violation of an applicable law, rule, or policy, including, but not limited to, if contrary to the law where you reside.
- Illumina reserves the right to provide a raincheck or substitute a similar award if the award cannot be provided for reasons outside of Illumina’s control.
- The odds of winning this contest will depend, in part, on how many contestants enter. However, we cannot predict with specificity how many contestants will participate.
- Each applicant is responsible for all of your own costs, and the costs of your employees and agents, incurred or that may be incurred in connection with this offer, including, without limitation, any tax liability (including any income tax associated with the value of the award), and any costs associated with entering into and participating in this offer.
- In no event shall Illumina, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever arising under or as a result of entrance in or participation in the offer, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, strict liability, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Illumina is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Illumina’s total and cumulative liability arising under or in connection with the offer shall in no event exceed the total value of the grant eligible under the offer.
- Any and all actions, claims, disputes, or controversies relating to this offer shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to its conflict-of-laws principles. By using this site and submitting your entry, you expressly consent to the exclusive forum, jurisdiction, and venue of the state and federal courts of San Diego County, California, USA, in such actions, claims, disputes, or controversies.