The Export Expansion Grant (EEG) aims to support active exporters, expanding their international businesses.
It is a post-shipment incentive designed to encourage Nigerian exporters to expand export volume, value and improve global competitiveness of Nigerian products.
Guidelines & procedures
In order to benefit from Export Expansion Grant, Scheme the following guidelines must be met:
- Must be registered with CAC & NEPC;
- Must have carried out formal exports, with repatriation of proceeds into Nigerian bank account (CBN confirmation needed);
- Have a minimum annual export turnover of N5 million;
- Be a manufacturer/producer or merchant of products of Nigerian origin;
- Show evidence of confirmed repatriation of export proceeds into a Domiciliary Account in Nigeria and,
Submit baseline data which should include Audited Financial Statements and information on operational
Capacity, Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) and Export Expansion Plan (EPP) to the NEPC.
Export Expansion Grant Exporter Benefits
Nigerian exporters can get between 5% to 15% of their annual export value, depending on exporters’ product category. Successful exporters are paid through the instrument known as Export Credit Certificate (ECC) which can be used for the following:
- Settlement of all Federal Government taxes such as company income tax, VAT, WHT, etc. and the following;
- Purchase of Federal Government Bonds;
- Settlement of credit facilities by Bank of Industry, NEXIM Bank, Bank of Agriculture and CBN intervention Facilities;
- Settlement of AMCON liabilities;
- The ECC can be transferred at one instance to a third party.
Export Expansion Grant Exporter Accreditation
You need to do the following to be accredited:
- Annual Accreditation fees – N100, 000.00
- Completed Accreditation form – Download EEG Accreditation Form
- ID card – Download ID card front / ID card back
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Two passport photographs
- Copy of Exporter’s Registration Certificate
- Evidence of payment.
How to apply?
- Exporters should submit Baseline Data which must include Audited financial statements and information on operational capacity. Download forms here EEG baseline data form
- A new entrant into the Export Expansion Grant Scheme should provide three-year prior period Audited Financial Statements, where applicable. New incorporated companies should submit their current year management account and projected financial statement for assessment
- Baseline data is used to determine the Export Expansion Grant rate for one year only
- The rate so determined is applied to Export Expansion Grant applications for that particular year
To ensure that the information provided in the baseline data forms conform with what is contained in the Audited Financial Statement, you are required to provide the following additional information:
- Analysis of Turnover into Local and Export Sales.
- Analysis/Schedule of Total Export Sales (N) showing the conversion rates used.
- Details of Addition to Fixed Assets during the Year.
- Breakdown /Analysis of Cost of Sales into local and Foreign Input (Raw materials and packaging).
- After the rates have been determined, you would be duly notified before Export Expansion Grant applications are submitted.
Documents for Export Expansion Grant application
All applications for Export Expansion Grant are completed in duplicate with the following documents:
- Forms NXP duly certified by processing bank, Nigeria Customs Service and the Pre-Shipment Inspection Agent
- Bill of Lading
- Final Commercial Invoice
- Single Goods Declaration (SGD) Forms, duly endorsed by Nigerian Customs Service, both at the front and back
- Evidence of full repatriation of export proceeds (CBN confirmation of repatriation of proceeds by exporter)
- Clean Certificate of Inspection (CCI) to include quality certification
- NEPC – CBN Schedule download NEPC – CBN Schedule sample
- Export Schedule download Export Schedule – Sample
- Any other documentation as may be required by NEPC from time to time
Usually 90 days after application
All application should be addressed to:
The Executive Director/CEO
Nigerian Export Promotion Council
Plot 424 Aguiyi Ironsi Street
For further inquiries on the EEG Scheme, please use our contact form or via the live chat (available during working hours).