Apply for Economic Development Grant -The Latrobe City Council is inviting applications for its Economic Development Sponsorship Grants – Minor to provide assistance to economic development initiatives for a broad range of programs, services, and activities.
Examples of Sponsorship
- Venue hire
- In-kind support – Performing Arts technician labour, lighting & sound hire.
- Award Sponsorships
- Maximum grant amount: $2,500
- To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a not-for-profit, properly constituted legal entity or be auspiced by such a body which is able, and willing, to accept legal and financial responsibility for the project;
- Be an education institution, industry association or training organisation;
- Be free of debt to Latrobe City Council and have no outstanding Acquittals from previous Latrobe City Council sponsorship applications;
- Hold appropriate Public Liability Insurance; and
- Be based within the municipality of Latrobe City or provide services or benefits primarily to the Latrobe City Community.
- Government agencies or departments of State and Federal Government;
- Groups who have not acquitted previous grants provided by Latrobe City Council;
- Groups who have received Community Grant funding from Latrobe City Council in the same application round; and
- For profit private businesses and commercial organisations.
Community Grants and Sponsorship
Apply for Economic Development Grant – Latrobe City Council has a proud history of working in partnership with the community to meet local needs. One of the ways Latrobe City Council supports community groups is through the Community Grants program, which delivers funding for projects that:
- Reflect our community’s priorities and vision as set out in Council and Community Plans;
- Strengthen communities and provide opportunities for enhanced participation in public life and community groups;
- Provide benefits to the local community;
- Improve accessibility or inclusion for minority groups (including cultural, disability or LGBTQI);
- Provide health, wellbeing and safety to the community; and
- Contribute to the social, cultural, environmental and economic development of our community.
Apply for Economic Development Grant – The Community Grants program represents a significant contribution by Latrobe City Council to local projects. Grant funding is a way of acknowledging the contribution that individuals and groups make to the Latrobe City community life.
- Open: 9am 4 July 2022
- Close: 4pm 1 August 2022
- Open: 9am 30 January 2023
- Close: 4pm 1 March 2023
Available Grants and Sponsorship
Grant Program Name
|Minor Capital Works Grant||Financial assistance provided to community groups who wish to develop community facilities for accessibility improvements, renovations, repairs and built in or fixed equipment purchases.
||Round 1||Up to $7,000|
|Minor Equipment Grant||Financial assistance provided to community groups who wish to purchase non fixed equipment.
||Round 1||Up to $2,000|
|Community Wellbeing Grant||Community Wellbeing grants are to provide assistance to community groups for a broad range of community development programs, services, and activities.
||Round 1||Up to $2,000|
|Community Events – Minor||Assistance deliver community events. Events must include local and regional participation.
||Round 1||Up to $5000|
|Community Events – Significant||Assistance to conduct conferences, deliver special events of significance or to develop an existing event.
Events must include local and regional participation.
|Round 1||One off seed funding of up to $10,000
$10,000 Funding is available for a three-year period:
Year 1 $10,000 | Year 2 $10,000 | Year 3 $10,000
|Community Sponsorship – Minor||Community Sponsorship provides assistance to community groups for a broad range of community programs, services, and activities.
||Applications for funding are invited all year round. The assessment will commence on the 15th day of each month.||Up to $2,500|
|Community Sponsorship – Major||Community Sponsorship provides assistance to community groups for a broad range of community programs, services, and activities. This program has been created to support larger projects within Latrobe City.
Programs & Projects:
|Up to $20,000
$20,000 Funding is available for a three-year period:
Year 1 $20,000 | Year 2 $20,000 | Year 3 $20,000
|DREAM Individual Support Grant||Council will offer a number of small grants to individuals who inspire to reach and sustain their goals by dedicating their time, realising their ambitions, empowering themselves through on going participation and learning; and are able to share the outcomes with other members of their communities.
||Applications for funding are invited all year round. The assessment will commence on the 15th day of each month.||
|Participation Sponsorship||The Participation Sponsorship Program aims to support the inclusion of preschool and school aged Latrobe City Council residents in disadvantaged circumstance to participate in recreation activities where participation costs are leveraged on the participant.
The program provides support to individuals by paying funds directly to sporting clubs to cover participation fees.
|Applications for funding are invited all year round. The assessment will commence on the 15th day of each month.||Up to $250|
|Biodiversity on Rural Land Grant||For projects on private and rural land within the municipality for actions aimed at protecting and enhancing existing native vegetation.
||Annual||Up to $1500 per property|
|Seven Small Towns Minor Capital Works Program||The program encourages the Township Association within the seven small towns to work with Latrobe City Council to achieve positive outcomes for the betterment of their communities and the citizens that live there.
||The Seven Small Towns Minor Capital Works program accepts project submissions at any time throughout the year.||Annual Funding of $10,000 to each of the seven small towns is subject to Council allocation within the Annual Budget.|
|Economic Development Sponsorship grant – Minor||Economic Development Sponsorship provides assistance to economic development initiatives for a broad range of programs, services, and activities.
||Apply Now||Maximum grant amount is $2500|
|Economic Development Sponsorship grant – Major||Economic Development Sponsorship provides assistance to economic development initiatives for a broad range of programs, services, and activities.
||Apply Now||One off funding of $8,000 per annum|
How to Apply
All grant applications must be completed online.
Apply for Economic Development Grant – When you complete an application form you will be asked to sign up for a Latrobe City Council Grants Account. This grant account will be used to send you reminders, and allow you to complete your applications, funding agreement and acquittal forms.
If you have applied for a community grant online with us in the past, you are able to access your account by following this link https://latrobe.smartygrants.com.au/applicant/login.
At any time you can to view all previous and current forms started or submitted. Login and select ‘My Submissions’.