The Regional Tourism Activation Fund will accelerate the development of high-impact tourism infrastructure projects that will increase visitation, expenditure and extend length of stay for visitors to regional NSW.
- Applications Open for Round 2: until 27 September, 2022
- Grants: up to $20 million
What is eligible for funding?
Regional Tourism Activation funding may be used for the following types of projects:
- Nature-Based Tourism
- Iconic walking and hiking trails
- Aquatic and coastal projects and major viewing platforms
- Adventure trails that cover land and water
- Adventure cycling such as mountain bike and BMX trails
- Arts, Culture, and Events Infrastructure
- Aboriginal tourism experiences
- Major arts infrastructure
- Cultural experiences including history and heritage projects
- Major event and festival infrastructure
- Major conference centre facilities.
What companies are eligible for funding?
Business Tourism Activation Fund Eligible applicants include
- Local councils
- Joint organisations of councils, or council groupings and associations
- Incorporated not-for-profit organisations
- Community organisations registered as incorporated associations
- Local Aboriginal Land Councils
- An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
Applicants must be financially viable and have at least $20 million public liability insurance or be willing to secure the insurance before entering into a Funding Deed if the application is successful.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application.
How to Apply
Apply for Business Tourism Activation Fund