Apply for British Council Grant Support for Nigerian SMEs – The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world.
We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share.
This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Grants Assistant Abuja
The post holder will support the coordination and management of JCS programmes’ grant process. The post holder will work closely with and support the Grants Officer, other Grants Assistants, M&E lead, and component teams in planning, implementation and management of the programme grant process, ensuring effective monitoring of implementation of grants to sub-grantees in line with programme’s grants manual, strategic direction and in line with clients requirements
- Financial or Accounting University degree
- 3 years of experience in Grants administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience of supporting grants and internal stakeholders / external partners management
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Demonstrable experience in interpreting donor budget
- Experience of working in a full cost recovery project and international NGO
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality at all time
Role specific Skills:
- Grant management skills
- Skills in managing relationship with sub grantees and other external stakeholders
- Time management skills
- High proficiency in the use of MS office tools (intermediate excel skills)
Pay band: 4
Remuneration: N 6,154,368 per annum
Post Location: Abuja
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: Fixed Term ending 31 January 2023 (with possibility of extension)
Additional Information: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
Closing Date: 12 June 2022 applications will close 23:59 South Africa time.
How to Apply
Interested in Should Clink The Link & apply.