Apply for Africa Digital Innovations & Start-Up Programme – The competition is targeted towards Digital SMEs and startups that are looking to facilitate the delivery of digital, cross-border, interoperable, and cross-domain services, and solutions, while also accelerating their digitally enabled growth.
As part of the 2022 Digital Economy Summit, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Africa Business Center (USAfBC) in conjunction with AmChams across Africa, is hosting its annual Digital Innovation Competition for African Startups.
The competition is targeted towards Digital SMEs and startups that are looking to facilitate the delivery of digital, cross-border, interoperable, and cross-domain services, and solutions, while also accelerating their digitally enabled growth.
The Digital Innovation Competition will award innovators, entrepreneurs, and startups for developing solutions through digital products and services while creating a positive impact on African citizens.
Apply for Africa Digital Innovations & Start-Up Programme This competition seeks to promote talent in the African region through social impact, digital initiatives that incorporate cutting-edge technologies, innovation, and creativity in the form of proposals that formulate solutions to different problems and opportunities in the region.
The Digital Innovations Competition
. Application Process – Each applicant will need to fill out the online application form and upload or send a two-minute video pitch of their product/innovation on the website or by email at email@example.com.
. Application Deadline – The deadlines for the competition are below.
April 28 – Launch of the 2022 Africa Digital Innovation Competition
June 30 – Applications submission closes
Aug 15 – Selection and notification of the top ten finalists.
Sept. 5 – Executive summaries due for top ten finalists.
Oct 5-15 – Interview of top ten finalists.
Nov. 7-8 – Selection and notification of the top 3 finalists.
Dec. 7-8 – Announcement of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners live at the U.S.-Africa Digital Economy Summit.
General Rules & Disclaimer
- All applications must be submitted online and completed by May 31. The top three finalists’ supplementary narrative must be submitted within three days of finalist notification.
- Only those applications submitted on time through the online application processes will be accepted. Applications received by any other means will not be considered.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring proper contact information has been submitted and is maintained throughout the Digital Innovation Competition Process to allow communications about the Digital Innovation Award.
- Erroneous or false information provided in the application will result in immediate disqualification of the Applicant. USAfBC otherwise retains the right to disqualify any Applicant in their sole discretion.
- If for any reason, the Digital Innovation Competition is not capable of running as planned USAfBC and AmCham network reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Digital Innovation Award Program at any time.
- By submitting an application or by being an Applicant, you understand that there is no joint venture, partnership, employment, or an agency relationship between you and USAfBC & AmCham network, or Partner Organization/ Companies arising from any application or Innovation Award.
- Once notified about having a finalist application approved and receiving an Award, a Recipient has three weeks to submit information for processing the Award payment. Not meeting that deadline will result in a forfeiture of the Award.
- Award Recipients grant permission to USAfBC & AmCham network, and its Partners to use the name, logo, statements, including city and state of primary physical location, and the submitted Application information in perpetuity, worldwide, royalty-free in any and all media now known, or which may be developed in the future to promote the Digital Entrepreneurship Competition Program and its objectives.
- The decisions of the Digital Innovation Competition are final, and Applicants specifically agree that the decision of the Program and any decision of USAfBC & AmCham network is not subject to review or appeal in any form whatsoever, including courts of law.
- By submitting your email address and/or an application, you consent to our processing of the included personal data in order to take action on the Application and to contact you about other programs you may be interested in.
- No warranty of any type is provided for any award. No Award may be transferred to any other party.
- By completing an Application or being an Applicant, you agree on behalf of yourself and each of your respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, agents, successors and assigns (“Releasing Party”) to the Digital Innovation Competition General Rules and the decisions of the competition, as applicable, and any affiliated entities or persons, and by completing an Application or being an Applicant, you release USAfBC & AmCham network, and their affiliates, advisors, agents, licensees, and any social or other media used for the Competition, and any of their respective officers, directors and employees as applicable (“Released Parties”), from any and all causes of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, bonds, bills, covenants, contracts, controversies, promises, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damage, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, claims and demands whosoever, in law, or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, which any Releasing Party has or may ever had, now or hereafter, arising from or related to the Digital Innovation Competition, these General Rules, any Application materials, including but not limited to any use or non-use of any application materials, delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, attendance at, travel related to, misuse, and/or use of or inability to use, any Award, or technical or other failures of any kind.
How to Apply