African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment Application Portal – The African Development Bank is giving out job opportunities to Job seekers.
This article will give you useful guidelines on how to successfully apply for this job. It is our concern to bring to your notice that African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment is ongoing now and is applicable online.
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment Application Portal
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Special Assistant to the President (PCSC)
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL3
- The Presidency Complex (URPR) comprises the Office of The President of the Bank Group and all corporate offices, departments, and other organizational units that are directly subordinate to the Presidency in administrative as well as functional terms. The President, in the capacity of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bank Group, is mandated to provide competent strategic management of the Bank Group and all its resources towards the fulfillment of the Bank Group’s purpose of contributing to economic development and social progress of Regional Member Countries.
- The Presidency Complex provides day-to-day and medium-term corporate leadership and executive oversight maintains communication with the Bank Group’s Member Countries and supports the Boards of Directors in the conduct of their statutory roles.
- In addition, the Complex provides legal and regulatory oversight on the conduct of the Bank Group’s business and integrated risk management of Bank Group operations, oversees corporate communication with a range of internal and external stakeholders, promotes integrity, transparency, and the highest ethical standards and norms among Bank Group personnel in the conduct of their work, and assures the security of the Bank Group’s personnel, premises, and physical assets, information and data in all locations where the Bank Group operates.
- Furthermore, the PRST Complex is also involved in catalyzing investment from various sources in line with the operational priorities of the Bank Group.
- The President directly supervises several departments and units including the Office of the President (PCSC); the Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); the Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); the Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); the General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); the Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); the Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH); Office of the Secretary-General & General Secretariat (PSEG); the Africa Investment Forum (PAIF); the Joint Secretariat Support Office (PJSS) and; the External Representation Office in Asia (PEXT).
The Hiring Department
- The Executive Office of the President assists the President in planning, supervising, and managing the business of the Bank Group.
- The Office of the President monitors, coordinates, and supervises the implementation of various Bank programs based on the global or regional trends and emerging knowledge in the major development areas of agriculture, human and social development, energy and climate; and gender and civil society.
- The Office examines the impact of the Bank Group country and regional programs in responding to existing and emerging development trends and needs in the regional member countries, identifies new areas for business growth; leads and coordinates the preparation of technical and knowledge briefs for the President’s internal and external engagements; and monitors the effective and timely implementation of Presidential instructions, Board and Management decisions.
- Under other activities, the Office prepares and organizes the President’s missions and represents the Bank at international conferences and on working missions to member countries; organizes meetings with Bank’s Senior Management; reviews evaluate, and gives advice on communication and interaction between the Presidency and the various organs of the Bank; provide effective administrative and logistic support to facilitate implementation of the President’s programs; and prepares, monitors audit reports and follows up on the implementation of the recommendations of the reports.
- The objective of the Special Assistant is to the President is primarily responsible for providing intellectual, program, and administrative support to the work of the President, with respect to strategic policy, programming, and project documents. The Assistant analyses such reports and summarizes findings as well as key recommendations while also supervising the proper documentation and storage of all related top-level information for the President.
- A key part of the role involves scheduling and event management around the President as well as collaboration with the other senior managers in Cabinet as well as with other Complexes to prioritize the President’s activities and events.
- The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- The Special Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Reporting directly to the President, the Special Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. Under the general guidance of the Director-General of Cabinet, the incumbent will be assigned the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Gathering business intelligence for use by the President.
- Working closely with the President’s Executive Assistant to schedule preparatory sessions and the review of dockets ahead of missions as well as maintaining the President’s daily and long-term calendar.
- Drafting and synthesizing correspondence and notes/papers related to operational matters for the President while also ensuring quality control of the various documents.
- Contributing to the preparation of the President’s speeches and presentations;
- Establishing systems and protocols for Front Office management and staff to engage the President on programs, events, key decisions, and approvals;
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the office of the President;
- Developing and managing a system to store, track and execute the high volume of tasks, milestones, and priorities of the President, including tracking donor/shareholder follow-up actions, mission briefs, travel preparation, senior staff follow-up, etc.
- Conducting research, gathering information, and developing reports/documents to appropriately prepare for upcoming engagements of the President;
- Working with other members of Cabinet to ensure follow-through on all internal audit recommendations across the various units reporting directly to the President;
- Accompanying and staffing the President on missions;
- Coordinating the Security, Protocol, Travel and Communications Teams assigned to the Cabinet to ensure that the President’s movements and missions are seamless and that his security and comfort are always optimal;
- Working with other colleagues to maximize the effectiveness of the Cabinet team, and otherwise contributing to the creation of a positive work environment; and
- Handle miscellaneous tasks as directed by the President.
- Assisting in the monitoring and contributing to the success of assigned flagship projects across the Bank;
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain a library of institutional materials to support a variety of activities in the President’s office;
- Working closely with other Front Offices across the Bank to prepare regular cross-Complex updates, highlighting for the action of the President any issues requiring attention.
- Providing comments on various documents as requested by the President and otherwise ensuring presentations and reports are substantive and in compliance with the policies, rules, and the Delegation of Authority Matrix of the Bank.
- Verifying the content of correspondence, memoranda, and reports prepared by Country Offices, Departments/Units and ensuring timely submission for the President’s signature/clearance or onward transmission to the relevant Office;
- Providing strategic support for the President’s interactions with the Bank Group’s Executive Directors, Board Committee Chairpersons, and a range of other external boards;
- Providing technical support during meetings with internal and external parties, taking minutes, and preparing summary notes to facilitate follow up and implementation of decisions;
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least a Master’s Degree in Management, Business, Economics, Law, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the Bank.
- Strong knowledge of socio-economic development issues and policies of African countries.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge and preferably, hands-on experience of the Bank’s project management and execution.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Excellent time management, particularly while managing competing priorities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, while demonstrating sound judgment.
- Sound understanding of protocol needs.
- Excellent communication both in terms of spoken and written English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language; and
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point, SAP, and/or other integrated document management system).
- Demonstrated operational effectiveness including, ability to achieve high-performance goals, being innovative, and having the ability to anticipate and plan and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Ability to think clearly and write to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, individuals and across teams, including senior management team;
- Strong analytical, diplomatic, organizational, problem-solving, and people management skills.
- Client orientation, demonstrable teamwork, and relationship-building skills;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
13th November 2022.
Note: This position is classified as international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment