Job Type / Agricultural Innovation And Advisory Systems
Primary Location / Agricultural Innovation And Advisory Systems
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device.
Click to Join Agricultural Loan/funds WhatsApp Group
Organizational Setting / Agricultural Innovation And Advisory Systems
The project “Development of sustainable and inclusive local agri-food systems in north-west region of Azerbaijan” aims to establish local agri-food systems that integrate sustainable food production, processing, marketing, distribution and consumption supported by a demand driven agricultural advisory services system in the north-west region of Azerbaijan (Gakh, Zagatala and Balakan).
Reporting Lines / Agricultural Innovation And Advisory Systems
Mr. Bariz Mehdiyev, Assistant to FAO Representative in Azerbaijan
Also Read & Apply for The Following
. Agbami Scholarship Application Complete Guide
. American University Scholarship for International Students Application (Bsc & Msc)
. Youth Agricultural Revolution in Nigeria (YARN)
. CBN Agricultural Credit Support Scheme (ACSS) Loan Application – Apply Now
Technical Focus / Agricultural Innovation And Advisory Systems
In this context, under the overall supervision of the Head of FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan, direct supervision of the Assistant to FAO Representative and the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer and FAO Agricultural Officer, and in close cooperation with the Agrarian Research Center, the consultant will provide consultation and contribute to the implementation of activities 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4 of the project works plans.
In the light of the above, this consultancy aims to contribute to the establishment and support of Multi-Actors Innovation Platforms for local inclusive and efficient agriculture and food systems within selected food value chains.
Tasks and responsibilities / Agricultural Innovation And Advisory Systems
- Advise on technical, institutional, and organizational change through innovation in agricultural practices of beneficiary communities.
- Provide consultation in design of multi-actor agricultural innovation platforms (MAIP) along the selected value chains based on the survey and analysis as outlined in Concept Note on MAIP establishment developed by FAO;
- Provide consultation on value adding to the existing agri-food systems.
- Assist in promotion of interaction and access to knowledge.
- Promote technological and institutional learning.
- Provide advice on establishment of extension and advisory services that are flexible, user-driven, and focused on local problems.
- Assist in implementation of institutional innovations including new ways of organizing production, input management, marketing, or sharing common resources.
- Provide consultation on utilization of different dimensions of interaction and learning processes such as farmer to farmer, market actors to farmers, input suppliers to farmers, processors to farmers, public & private Extension and Advisory Services (EAS) to farmers in accordance with FAO-developed Concept Note on MAIP establishment to facilitate MAIP activities.
- Provide consultations on the establishment and facilitations of the MAIPs for the selected 6 value chains.
- Provide technical supports to promote innovation agendas identified in the MAIPs for the selected 6 value chains.
- Perform any other related duties and activities as required by the LTO and project manager
The considered travel to the country can only be organized if the Covid-19 precautions at the relevant countries and FAO corporate guidelines allow it.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in relevant field, such as agronomy, agribusiness, agro-industry, food processing, agriculture, and marketing.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of progressively responsible professional experience in agronomy, agribusiness, application of innovation, or provision of extension and advisory services.
- Working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong capabilities in formulating complex scopes of work.
- Excellent computer skills especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to take on assignments that require travel, mission and/or appointment to field locations.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
How To Apply
Interested persons should click the link to apply.
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For more information, visit the FAO employment website