- Bank of Industry: How to get a loan
- Bank of Industry Intervention Funds
- Graduate Entrepreneur Fund at Bank of Industry (BOI)
- Bank of Industry ‘StartCredits’ Programme
- Eight Things You Must Do To Effectively Apply & Receive Bank of Industry Loan Fast To Finance Your Business
Business selection criteria
- Sector: Agribusinesses with a clear link to smallholder farmers. This could include, but is not limited to, companies involved in the provision of inputs, primary production, enabling (e.g., agriculture logistics, aggregation platforms, irrigation, cold storage, financial services), value addition, digital platforms etc.
- Country: The enterprise must be directly active within the African continent or be planning to expand into the region in the next 12-18 months.
- Stage of business: Post-revenue/proof of concept with a product in the market and an existing customer base. The enterprise must have plans to scale operations in the next 12-24 months. Enterprises must have a clear business model and must also be looking for financing (e.g., debt, equity financing, etc.)
Other Criteria to be Considered
- Youth development: Does the enterprise support youth development and employment opportunities?
- Gender inclusion: Is the enterprise female-owned and/or managed? How does the project promote gender inclusion and employment?
- Environmental impact: Does the enterprise promote a healthy agricultural landscape?
- Smallholder impact: How does the enterprise promote sustainably improved production systems, increased food security, diversified economic opportunities, effective financial services, and social protection systems for smallholders?
- Collaboration: Does the enterprise have potential or existing collaboration partnerships with the private sector or NGO partners?
- Inclusive growth: Does the enterprise enhance inclusive growth through community buy-in/engagement?
- Technology acquisition: Does the enterprise propel the acquisition and transfer of technology to the region?
- Opportunities for follow-on financing and replication: How will the enterprise use its investment, and are there opportunities for additional funding?
If you meet the above criteria, please click here to download the profile submission template. Given the limited number of slots available, applications will be on a first-come, first-served basis and only SMEs that submit fully completed profiles will be considered for participation. Once you have completed your profile using the excel template provided, please email it to email@example.com for consideration.
How to Apply