Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Rural Innovation and Development Fund (RIDF) and Government of Ireland is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the 2022 Agri-Food Tourism.
Agri-food tourism broadly is the practice of offering an activity or activities inrural areas to visit areas of well-known agricultural produce and to sample andtaste the local or regional cuisine or specialties.
Agri-food tourism includes awide variety of activities that involve the links between agriculture and the foodproduced at the local or regional level. It may involve staying on farm or touringfood trails and events, participation in agricultural endeavours or buying produce direct from a farm or market.
Agri-food tourism also encompasses local food,farmer and artisan market schemes that support and are paired with local and seasonal food producers and artisan crafts.
- Are situated outside the administrative boundaries of Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick and Waterford.
- Are up and running and currently operating or expect to be operational in 2022.
- Are community-based and use (not necessarily exclusively) locally sourced inputs, such as food produce, local crafts, etc. Those initiatives planning to begin must demonstrate that they can comply with this requirement.
- Can demonstrate that their proposal is, or can be, sufficiently advanced to allow final payment to be correctly made by the Department by end 2022 at the latest.
- Can demonstrate the funding is for current expenditure (i.e. is not for capital expenditure).
- Can demonstrate the organisations economic and financial standing to prove that the organisation is financially sound. Applicants must declare in the submission that they can provide evidence supporting their financial standing (i.e. a copy of the organisations audited accounts for the last 3-years).
How to Apply
Interested persons should click the link apply