Africa Oxford (AfOx) Program for African Scholars. Interested individuals can now apply for this fully- funded scholar’s program. Apply now!.
The AfOx Visiting Fellows Program is designed to enhance academic mobility and network building. Applicants should provide details of an Oxford university host i.e. someone with an academic/research post in Oxford in the applicant’s field of interest who will work with them to maximise the usefulness of the time spent in Oxford. This may be an existing academic collaborator or a new potential collaborator with whom the applicant has established contact before applying for the Fellowship.
Oxford University has a rich tradition of developing leaders. Our MBA programme builds on this legacy, providing you with a solid foundation in core business principles while developing a broadened mindset and understanding of the role of business in society. You will be challenged to delve deep into the areas that interest you most and gain the strategic skills and insight to lead a successful, purposeful career. The programme exposes you to: a global connected network a diverse student group diverse career opportunities thought leaders a rigorous academic experience.
Aim and Benefits of Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Program
- The Fellows appointed will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom with all meals provided in the host College.
- A temporary University card for and temporary membership to the college Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency.
- The fellowship will also include airfare, visa fee and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses.
Requirements for Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Program Qualification
- Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or research equivalent.
- Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
- With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Program
Selection Criteria: Applications will be reviewed primarily on the quality and value added of the proposed research agenda, the fit between the applicant and the Oxford host, and the feasibility of the proposed activities in the timescale of the fellowship.
Duration of Program: The fellowships will be undertaken for 8 weeks. Under exceptional circumstances, start dates outside this time period will be considered. Please be aware that applications will be reviewed, in part, on the basis of the work you intend to achieve in the timescale you set
October 31, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Oxford on webportalapp.com to apply
AfOx fellowships are open to ALL disciplines across ALL the Universities departments. We encourage applications across the full range of academic disciplines and to work with any researcher based at the University of Oxford.
All AfOx fellowship applications are made through the same process using the same application portal
For more details,visit AfOx website